Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi name is Erik. I have been looking at your scan gauges. Particularly the single gauge kit. What does this include? A pillar pod or no? What will the single gauge do? I am looking for fuel psi, icp, diagnostic and buzz testing/ contribution testing. Will a single gauge do this? I am having a tough time grasping all this scan gauge info. I have a 6spd therefore trans temp isn't necessary for me and i am also probably going to go with diesel manor's egt gauge and boost gauge and will put a scan gauge in the third hole if possible. Thank you for the help.

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thank you! how much is the fuel pressure sensor? Also is there any reason i should need 2 gauges rather than one other than wanting to view more than 2 parameters? Is one gauge any different than another? Also could i get the scan gauge without a pod if i already have a gauge pod for it? Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
The pressure sensor is $65 and the 5 volt power supply is $23, but some guys just tap a factory sensor for the 5 volt supply(ICP sensor, EBP sensor, etc.). Yes, both gauges are the same and 99% of the people op for just a single. Pod's are not included.

Thanks,

[email protected]

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok Thank you. Will i have to call in order to get a fuel pressure sensor or is it on the website somewhere? Thanks

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Just email me what you want(face plate color, bezel(black or polished aluminum), and light color(I stock the blue and green lighting) and if you want the 5 volt power supply as well. Then I'll send you a Paypal request.

Will that work for you?

Thanks,

[email protected]

PS, free shipping on all Scan Gauges.

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That should work. I would be looking for black bezel, black face and green lighting so it matches my instrument cluster. I will first try and talk to diesel manor to see if i can get their 2 gauge kit with a 3 gauge pod so i can install that scan gauge there. Not sure if i will do the 5 volt power supply or not. And again, one gauge WILL do the buzz test, contribution test, diagnostic, and icp correct? Just trying to get this straight haha. Sorry for all the questions

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thank you for your help! I will try and get ahold of diesel manor tomorrow and see if i can get a 3 pod with the 2 gauge kit. If not then i will find another route to go in order to get that scan gauge in there.

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For an update i forgot about the time difference between me and diesel manor :doh: so i was unable to get ahold of them so i will try tomorrow

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got off the phone with diesel manor and they said a 3pod with a 2 gauge kit would be no problem. So a pressure sensor and a scan gauge would be in the $335 range am i correct?

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i am going to hold off on this scan gauge thing for about a week or so. I have 8 new glow plugs and wiring harnesses to install this weekend. Trying to keep my money spending down :eek:

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
getting ready to buy a swcan gauge from a guy on here. It is out of his truck scan gauge only and was bought at the end of last year apparently from you. Just wondering if it has the cylinder contibution,buzz test, and diagnostic? Also wondering if i could purchase just the fuel pressure sending unit from you?

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok well i just recieved a used scan gauge originally purchased from you and it seems to work just fine. Although i dont have a set of operating instructions. Also i looked at your site and it i cant find where i can purchase the fuel pressure sending unit. Do i need to give you a ring? Also was wondering if i could get some instructions to the gauge along with the sending unit? Thanks again

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Ok well i just recieved a used scan gauge originally purchased from you and it seems to work just fine. Although i dont have a set of operating instructions. Also i looked at your site and it i cant find where i can purchase the fuel pressure sending unit. Do i need to give you a ring? Also was wondering if i could get some instructions to the gauge along with the sending unit? Thanks again
there were very few instructions with mine, go to aeroforce and get download on instructions there

·
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok thank you guys very much!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts