Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
They are kind of handy to have at your disposal, thats for sure. I've liked having mine. I did find a list of all the Power Stroke DTC's online and print it off to stick in the jockey box, just to have on hand, so I'd know what each code was.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I loved mine so much I got one for the wifes Excursion too! Very handy! Right now my plug for AE is broken, so I have been using the scan gauge more...

Good place to put it too!

·
Everybody poops <~ see?
615 Posts
Looks good, I may get one to use a guages 8, and 9... How many different items can it display, in total, not all at once of course.

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are kind of handy to have at your disposal, thats for sure. I've liked having mine. I did find a list of all the Power Stroke DTC's online and print it off to stick in the jockey box, just to have on hand, so I'd know what each code was.
For those who dont know...it reads and clears codes too.....

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
I really didnt want to go drilling holes or adding another big pod...so this worked out.

Kinda hinders reading MPH over 80 or so...but the scan gauge has a MPH setting too. LOL
all you need to see is under 80...10 over or 50 over your still speeding LOL

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
It can also do a buzz and contribution test. I mounted mine down low since it does not dim with the dash lights although you can dim it.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Yes it can be switched. Its not vin locked.

I have mine in the same spot as yours garret. Its been a great tool and like you said, several gauges in one. One of the better investments i've made. The buzz test and contribution test are a nice tool to have as well.

And FWIW, it has a faster data rate than AE. No delay in readings. Its all live.

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
It's really a must have. There are hundreds of functions you can monitor and tests to run. Great mod.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Mine does that as well....but have not hooked up the extra lead for that functionality.
Mine dims with a setting on the gauge and requires no other connections other then the obd port.

Tom

1 - 20 of 57 Posts