Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the jobsite today with scan gauge working as it should. When lunch rolls around, I hop in,fire it up and no working scan gauge.

I checked the cable plugs and each end seems to be firmly in place.

Anybody know of anything that I need to check?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check the cigarette lighter fuse. The OBDII connector usually draws it's power from there.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Anyone having issues with there scan gauge face fading out? Its almost not possable to see it at this point?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I was just woundering... Its over two years old now so...

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Dang 2 years already seems like I was drooling over them not long ago...
Time flies I guess.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Mine works when you turn the key on and when you start the truck the face goes black:shrug: If I unplug from the obd2 and plug in after the truck is started it works fine any ideas?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had a problem with mine over the years too. Where it wouldn't come on either unless I pushed the power cord in and held it place. I did send it back to them and they repaired it for free. Give'm a call. Take care.

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
Mine works when you turn the key on and when you start the truck the face goes black:shrug: If I unplug from the obd2 and plug in after the truck is started it works fine any ideas?
Sounds like it needs the aux power hooked up

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My problem was the fuse. I figured it out today when the cigarette lighter would not power up my cordless battery charger. That never crossed my mind as nothing seems to have changed, but I will find out in the morning when I replace the fuse.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts