Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Aeroforce Scan gauge in my truck like is sold here: http://www.terminatorengineering.com/scangauge/ I might add that I have been very happy with the scan gauge and am planning on buying another one for another vehicle here shortly. I am thinking about using that to monitor oil pressure on my truck instead of running another gauge. The kits to add another sensor are here: Aeroforce Technology Inc | Products - Sensors I believe Joey also sells them I just could not find them on his site. Making the sensor work also means buying a 5v power adapter or using 5v off the signal for the PCM.

I would like to hear from anyone that is using or has installed one of these add on sensors. How did you like it over all? Does it seem to have good accuracy? How did the set up go to get it working on the gauge. It has been a while since I have messed with the set up on my gauge but it seems like one of those things you had to play with for a while to figure out.

It also looks like they might have changed sensors since I looked at them before possibly to include the thread pitch. It looks like they are now 1/8 pipe thread with a nice factory quality sensor. I am not sure if I would go in the reservoir or by the filter. It would be nice in the reservoir for the sake of close by 5v power.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Hey Tom, you can also save $23 if you tap a factory sensor for your 5 volt source(ICP sensor, EBP sensor, etc..). I do not run the oil pressure sensor, but I do run fuel pressure and water temp. They are pretty slick.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
I did a fuel psi sensor on mine, and it seems to be spot on. at idle it did show around 60psi but thats also cause I still have the stock fuel system so it bounced because of the fuel pump, or thats just what I have been told sense its pulsates alot.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where did you decide to put the sensor to those that replied? I have been debating this as well.

Joey I am tempted to just cleanly and neatly steal the 5v signal from a factory wire just to have a clean set up.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I am running an EGT gauge on mine. I like it. I am also going to run a fuel pressure gauge on it. Just have not got around to installing it yet.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Tom, I am running a 1/8 fuel pressure sensor. It fits right into an adapter in the fuel bowl. I do not run an oil pressure gauge, but I do run an isspro oil temp gauge. I had a 1/8 NPT bung welded onto my HPOP cover. It is over the fill plug. The scangauge fuel pressure gauge has been spot on with my under the hood regulated return gauge.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What does your oil pressure run in the HPOP reservoir? I am also curious if you are running the same sensor that they are currently selling as they did change sensors a while back.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Tom,I run oil TEMP in the HPOP cover on an isspro gauge. If I was going to run oil pressure I think I would go for the plug that is on the "ear" down by the bell housing. I run the fuel pressure in the scangauge. I am not sure what sensor I am running. But, I think I have it now for about 1.5 years and it was a damn near $100 option for the 1/8 npt sensor that I have. But, I needed it. I could not make the larger 3/8 work in the fuel bowl. Tom from aeroforce helped me get the right sensor. It works beautifully.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Would The oil pressure port used be the same one that something like a fs2500 uses if so could a tee be put in,

Excuse the next retarded question but
What is thre advantage of adding sensors vs a regf gauge.

Ie..... How much do these sensors run, more then a stand alone guage or will the scan gauge log them separate

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think a stand alone gauge might be a little less then the sensor depending on what you get. I just do not want to change my gauge set up and I already have the scan gauge.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
If anyone needs one of the Scan Gauge Oil Pressure or Fuel Pressure sensors I have one here on the shelf I could send out.

BTW the same sensor will work for boost also.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That would be a good way to read boost as the absolute pressure is just right on the scan gauge but the gauge pressure is set up for sea level and is off just a tad at altitude.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
errrr.. I think i asked it the wrong way.think simpler

..Havent followed the whole scanguage thing, got lost half way through the moster post when it came out

by adding the sensors to the scan guage does that allow you to monitor more closley, and data record...or are you just adding additional displays that match the scan gauge.

·
Kilroy was here
128 Posts
First you have to make sure you get one that works correctly.

I have to send mine back to Aeroforce.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Mine works fine. They are capable of monitoring a whole lot more parameters than our PCM monitors. However, if there is no input for that function, they will not see it. For example: They are capable of monitoring spark advance, for some unknown reason, it will not monitor spark advance on my truck.

Anything can be broke out of the box though. I bet they take care of it.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have never heard of any customer service complaints from them so I think it will be fine on getting yours working Kilroy.

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
Mine works fine. They are capable of monitoring a whole lot more parameters than our PCM monitors. However, if there is no input for that function, they will not see it. For example: They are capable of monitoring spark advance, for some unknown reason, it will not monitor spark advance on my truck.

Anything can be broke out of the box though. I bet they take care of it.
I'll go out on a limb and say it won't show spark advance because you have it on a diesel.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
In case anyone with a 6.0L has a problem with the gauge not reading the oil temp correct. Here is what I got from Aeroforce on it

They recently discovered that Ford gave them a conversion that seems to be too high. You can send the gauge back along with the attached form and we'll reflash it at no charge.

This applies to the CNF gauge only.

If anyone needs the form let me know I can email them

1 - 20 of 30 Posts