Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I added one to my 2006, factory radio.

I used the XpressRC with Vehicle Kit

http://shop.xmradio.com/xm/ctl10600/cp49759/si4347086/cl1/xpressrc_with_vehicle_kit

You will also need the FM Direct Adapter for Non-PowerConnect™ Vehicle Kit

http://shop.xmradio.com/xm/ctl10600/cp49750/si4025803/cl1/fm_direct_adapter_for_nonpowerconnect_vehicle_kits

All of this can be found at BestBuy

I mounted my XM antenna inside the truck and put the radio in the little pull open box under my upfitter switches. I hardwired the radio into AUX4.

I will go out and get pics if you want.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have had my XM for about 5 years and I love it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I had Xm for a few years and really liked it. I switched over to Sirius for Howard Stern. Now I listen to Jay Thomas, Bubba various music as well(Outlaw Country) and many of the Rock stations!!!
Use the Starmate 4 in my little Ford Ranger work truck everyday!

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
ive had sirius for about 2 1/2 years now and dont know how i lived without it before. have a docking station in both my trucks and one in my dad's rig as well as the home setup, only thing i ever listen to anymore

·
Work in progress
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I added one to my 2006, factory radio.

I used the XpressRC with Vehicle Kit

http://shop.xmradio.com/xm/ctl10600/cp49759/si4347086/cl1/xpressrc_with_vehicle_kit

You will also need the FM Direct Adapter for Non-PowerConnect™ Vehicle Kit

http://shop.xmradio.com/xm/ctl10600/cp49750/si4025803/cl1/fm_direct_adapter_for_nonpowerconnect_vehicle_kits

All of this can be found at BestBuy

I mounted my XM antenna inside the truck and put the radio in the little pull open box under my upfitter switches. I hardwired the radio into AUX4.

I will go out and get pics if you want.

Pics would be helpfull. I have a aftermarket jensen dvd player in my pickup right now and a pioneer in my car. They both say sat. ready, I guess I dont know what that means. So is the above link the lastest and greatest? And the 2nd link is the install kit?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ive had my sirius sportser for prob 7-8yrs now... wouldnt get rid of it for anything. hardly ever listen to regular radio since i have it... you can see my reciever in the lower right of pic.. made my own mounting bracket, did want mine up on the windshield or on the dash..

·
Work in progress
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome. So the antenna isnt very big at all then. I will go talk to someone and see what I need. Always like to know about these kinds of things before I go talk to someone local and have them sell me crap. Be there done that.....

·
diesel and nothing else
1,620 Posts
just like to know how can i conect my sirius satelite radio to the factory radio on a 06 F250 with single cd. I got no input jack at the front of the unit.
Pics will help a lot.
Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
just like to know how can i conect my sirius satelite radio to the factory radio on a 06 F250 with single cd. I got no input jack at the front of the unit.
Pics will help a lot.
Thanks.
See my earlier post. While not "ideal" (would rather have a new head unit) mine is connected via an FM modulator, which reduces static, etc...it plugs in with the factory antenna

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'm running an old school Delphi Skyfi setup. Its prolly 6-7 yrs old. Wouldnt trade my satellite radio for anything. love it.

I am thinking about upgrading to a newer unit soon though....
I can one up ya on that one mine is an Delpi Roady....old as the hills looks antique but works like freak'n champ.........I would die without XM I live so far out no radio after bout 30 miles outside town..

·
Registered
62 Posts
I highly recommend the Sirius Stiletto 2. I bought one with a lifetime subscription when it first came out.

I mounted a car dock in each of my four vehicles. I just slide the SL2 into the dock of the one I am driving. The SL2 is the size of a cell phone and I put it in my pocket when I park so it can't be stolen.

I also have a home dock. I used an extra car antenna that I had on my house. It will cling to anything magnetic like the metal flashing around a vent or rain gutters. You can also get a home antenna.

(Strange, when you link to Amazon, there is an icon at the beginning of the link.)

On a pick up truck, I mount the antenna on the roof just in front of the third brake light. I remove the brake light, run the wire, Dremel a small notch in the base for the wire and then seal the base of the light with RTV. It works well and is the recommended method for many pick ups without a factory satellite antenna installed. Some people have decent results with the antenna mounted on the front of the dash.

The SL2 also works like a DVR. You can pause and rewind live radio for up to an hour. You can also record live or by timer. You can also record individual songs that you like. This is saved to it's internal memory.

The SL2 has a slot for a Micro SDHC. I have a 16GB card in mine with thousands of MP3s on it. It works like an iPod but the navigation is not nearly as elegant as that of the iPod. It works though.

I strongly recommend using a head unit with an auxiliary input. This is the only way to get the best sound. An FM relay is the second best. I used these on vehicles that did not have an auxiliary input. I was not happy going through the FM tuner on the head unit and ended up replacing it. I often briefly switch over to AM to check local traffic and news. With the FM relay, you have to shut off the Sirius to be able listen to anything else. The FM relay disconnects the external AM/FM antenna from the HU when the Sirius is on. The FM modulator is a joke and not recommended. I am picky about sound quality.

I use the Pro Install Kit on all of my installs. I mainly buy this for the hard wired power adapter and the 90 degree 3.5mm stereo plug to RCA cable. On my most recent install, I tried to find a similar cable. Everything I could find had a much larger housing on the 90 degree plug. 6-Ft. 1/8 Stereo to Dual Phono (RCA) Plug Y-cable - RadioShack.com This would cause it to extend out of the bottom of the dock a little. This is unacceptable to me because I'm nuts. All of the wires also had to fit through a 1/2" hole in my install too.

This post has become longer than I had planned on and I still have more to comment on but I have to go.

Good luck with your decision.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts