Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
How do you forget a child? I don't get it.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
This is why teenagers and people who dont need to have kids need to have abortions.... The people like this will do this and if the kid was raised if that's what u want to call it would probly be nothing but trouble. GEEZ what is this country coming too

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
This is why teenagers and people who dont need to have kids need to have abortions.... The people like this will do this and if the kid was raised if that's what u want to call it would probly be nothing but trouble. GEEZ what is this country coming too
Hey dumb ####, whats the point? you have an abortion, you KILL the baby. You leave the kid in a car, same result. Whats the ####ing difference? Maybee your mother should have aborted you.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
That is a terrible thing to have happen. I remember a few years back there was a principle of a school that forgot her child in the car. She wasn't used to dropping the child off at day care and left the child in her van! I don't know if was intentional or not but I don't believe that most parents would do this intentionally. I wouldn't want to be the parent that this happened to, it would be a terrible thing to have to deal with. At least for the childs sake you know all children have a place in heaven!

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
It happens often enough that I am still amazed. :rolleyes:

It doesn't say how many kids she has but, maybe it was just an honest screw-up (yeah, I know it doesn't seem possible).

If she had a few other young kids, it can get pretty hectic and I can see how she might have been overwhelmed.

And no, I am not excusing her one little bit.

However, the ones who leave their kids in the car on purpose.......to run errands/visit friends/etc................are the ones I reserve my utmost contempt for.

I can't imagine living with the knowledge that I was the cause of death to one of my children. :(

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
I've tried to think of a logical explanation.....there just isnt one. I'm sure the parent "probably" had no intent and is grief stricken, but theres still no excuse for this kind of reckless carelessness.
The only explanation that makes sense, is that she just plain screwed up.....for whatever reason.

It's not like forgetting the ice cream in the car, after going to the store,............................ and it's pretty sad when a screw up ends the life of a child.

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
Sad, sad, sad. I can't even imagine getting a phone call attempting to communicate what had happened.

Prayers on the way for these people.

PS, for those that don't have kids, it is impossible to understand how crazy things can get with lil ones running around. It is unreal sometimes.

·
West Bound and Down
1,115 Posts
^^^ I can agree with this.
:whs:

We had some friends lose one of there 3 year old twins a few months ago....pool. They are great people and parents; it just boiled down to a momentary lack of communication. Mom thought he was with Dad and Dad thought he was with Mom. I think it happens to ALL parents, but most of us are just lucky nothing bad comes of it.

Being a parent is the HARDEST job I've ever had, and the pays the MOST, as well.

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Sad, sad, sad. I can't even imagine getting a phone call attempting to communicate what had happened.

Prayers on the way for these people.

PS, for those that don't have kids, it is impossible to understand how crazy things can get with lil ones running around. It is unreal sometimes.
Well said Dom. :cool:

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Hey dumb ####, whats the point? you have an abortion, you KILL the baby. You leave the kid in a car, same result. Whats the ####ing difference? Maybee your mother should have aborted you.
First off I am not a dumb ####. It just pisses me off to see some of the people I graduated with have kids and they are not taken care of well OK. Plus when u say you have a abortion you kill the baby. Yea I know that I was not born yesterday. My point is that the poor helpless baby does not have to suffer and there is nothing they can do once born. My point was just some people dont need to have children ok bud. Not to come off to say everyone needs a abortion I just feel that some people dont need a child if they are not in the right place to have one...

This is a very good point of what could have happened and it is sad to see this happen to this child.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I am sorry if I came off to any one wrong just I feel that some people dont need kids.

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
How do you forget your kid in the car, I mean, I have forgot my wallet on the counter at home, I have forgot to lock the dog in the kennel when I left (just one gets kenneled, he eats anything around if not supervised), I have forgot to mail in a bill, but seriously, it would be like forgetting my dog in a vehicle, never going to happen. I might leave them in there with the truck running and AC on if it is hot, heat on if it is cold, or windows down enough that they get air but cant get out if it's nice out.

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:whs:

We had some friends lose one of there 3 year old twins a few months ago....pool. They are great people and parents; it just boiled down to a momentary lack of communication. Mom thought he was with Dad and Dad thought he was with Mom. I think it happens to ALL parents, but most of us are just lucky nothing bad comes of it.

Being a parent is the HARDEST job I've ever had, and the pays the MOST, as well.
Man I am so sorry to hear this. I know how easy this can happen. My daughter who was three at the time had to be pulled out of the pool twice last year by my mother in law. she turned her back for a half second and my daughter had stepped off into the pool. my mother in law (who is awesome BTW) jumped in right behind her with all her clothes, cell phone etc to seine her out. That situation could have ended very different.

My daughter is now 4 and just finished her second week of swimming lessons and is now swimming like a minnow. :D

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
This kind of thing happens a lot more often than people know . Sometimes parents can get so wound up rushing in the morning that if the child falls asleep in the backseat , it really can be easy to forget them back there . No excuses , but I can very easily see how it happens . Hell i have had times when I was dropping my teen age daughters at school when I would make a turn to got my normal route , when one of them ask " where are we going?" . If no one would have said anything I probably would have went a good ways before it dawned on me . Children are very precious , but sometimes after hauling them around for years , they become like luggage sometimes .

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
Man I am so sorry to hear this. I know how easy this can happen. My daughter who was three at the time had to be pulled out of the pool twice last year by my mother in law. she turned her back for a half second and my daughter had stepped off into the pool. my mother in law (who is awesome BTW) jumped in right behind her with all her clothes, cell phone etc to seine her out. That situation could have ended very different.

My daughter is now 4 and just finished her second week of swimming lessons and is now swimming like a minnow. :D
Our kid will be doing the program our friends kid went through when she gets a little older. You can start them when they get to be about 1 yr old. Basic water survival teaches them to get on their back and float for air, turn and doggie paddle. I will have to get the link from the wife and post it up. It truly is amazing to watch, to pass the class your little kid gets thrown into the water fully clothed and has to make it to the edge themselves. Kids will graduate between 18 months and 2 yrs old. It is just a piece of mind that if they are in that situation, they can help themselves out.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts