Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,
As the title states it was a very sad night last night for me and a few other people too.

I was driving home last night when the driver of the another truck crossed the center line trying to avoid a car that had stopped in from of him to make a left turn.
He rear ended the car and then came into my lane. I was travelling the opposite direction and hit him doing about 50mph (80km/h) he was doing about 40mph (60km/h).

The truck did it's job and we both walked away but man am I sore today! It was a hell of a thud! I ended having to crawl out the passenger side door.

A few things that I learned that I would like to pass on to everyone:
1. Keep any loose items in the vehical in a console or under a seat. I had stuff in the back seat end up in the front!
2. Keep your truck box clean too.
3. Sit as far back as you can from the steering wheel incase the air bag go's off.
4. Your truck will shut down upon impact including fuel pump. Once I locked my brakes they seemed to stay locked.
5. If you can write everything down as soon as you can. Write everything and anything. Shock is a crazy thing and you can and will forget things that may be useful later.

The big thing I was lucky about was I had a 2.5" level lift and 35's. The major impact went under the truck rather then into it.

Attachments

·
Keep er shinny side up!
1,624 Posts
Glad everyone is ok. Stinks about your truck though. At least that can be replaced.

·
Lead-Don't follow.
990 Posts
Glad you're ok and just a bit sore.
Accidents are scary things, it's weird to remember, but I've been the passenger in atleast 3 serious accidents. None of them got easier.

Good job on protection ford.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sounds like you should have got out and beat somebody's ass for that.

Ride their ass until you get a new truck.

Glad you made it out safe though. The ol Ferd did it's job just fine it appears.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Also, what was the cause of the debacle? Did the guy in the car stop too fast? Or was the truck following too close/going too fast?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Glad to hear everything ok.....trucks a truck...there able to be replaced...

·
1st murdered 2011 psd
1,387 Posts
wow man glad yall are okay looks like could have been a lot worse!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! Went for a check up today for headache's and sore ribs. I have 2 bruises on my right side from the center console.

Things could have been a ton worse. A few feet either way and both of us would have had a ton more issues.

I do have more pics but I cant post them due to the fact that the other truck has a company name on the door.

Merry Christmas to everyone and your family's and hope it's a safe one for all.

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Oh dang man. Glad your ok

·
Registered
673 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad everyone made it out ok... Take some time and enjoy the holidays!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks guys! Went for a check up today for headache's and sore ribs. I have 2 bruises on my right side from the center console.

Things could have been a ton worse. A few feet either way and both of us would have had a ton more issues.

I do have more pics but I cant post them due to the fact that the other truck has a company name on the door.
Merry Christmas to everyone and your family's and hope it's a safe one for all.
Is that a forum rule? I never heard of such a restriction before. If you took them then they're your pics to do with what you want.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Glad your ok man. Its good to know these things are survivable at a combined 90 mph closing speed. WOW!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is that a forum rule? I never heard of such a restriction before. If you took them then they're your pics to do with what you want.
The OP is from Canada,they may have different copywrite laws than us.

·
PSD Noob
19 Posts
As terrible as the experience and loss of your truck is, to hear that everyone seems to have escaped relatively unscathed is twice as awesome...glad you are ok!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In that last picture you have a tad too much toe-out.
LOL that was good!

I took a few more pics over the holidays. Just have to re-size them. Here are a few that I can post right away.
The first pic is the truck that hit me/ I hit.
I am currently dealing on a new 2012...

Thank you to everyone @ PSN for your support!!

Jason

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts