Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say thanks to all the people that gave me good info on turbo setups! I decided to go with Jakes kit s366! For those who don't know I have a E99 and I'm running stock sticks with an frx and AFE stage 1. I'm currently running a 6 point from DI performance here in Houston, TX. My question is should I just have him re tune my truck for the new turbo or go with another tuner like DP? I figure it will cost about the same either way and I don't really know how good they are at DI since no one on here really uses them

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
If your going to keep using DI, then make sure he knows about your upgraded turbo and see if he can re-tune your chip for more low end lighting of the charger. if he thinks its worth the time. you may not see enough change to justify it

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you run your charger before you got it tuned? when you did get it tuned was it a big difference?

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
i never ran the truck without the chip in. I had the chip back in the truck after getting it re-tuned before i finished up with the turbo install, so i'm not sure how it would spool without the chip in

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks clover! id like to take it back to DI but im just not sure if they will do as good of a job as some of these specialty tuners..

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Id stick with your DI chip. How would it be the same cost getting a DI chip retuned, or getting a new DP chip?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Depends on how many hours it takes him to "tune" it. I'm not sure if he uses the "TS" 6 point system or if he will live tune it. I guess I should ask him how he plans to make the adjustments

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
I believe you don't need to retune cause if turbo. I am pretty sure it only needs it when your doing hpop or injectors. when we did a 38r on buddies truck the Tuner said no need for return. Could be wrong though.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
DI is specialized.

His camp has produced some pretty potent trucks.

Id stick with DI...

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Just want to say thanks to all the people that gave me good info on turbo setups! I decided to go with Jakes kit s366! For those who don't know I have a E99 and I'm running stock sticks with an frx and AFE stage 1. I'm currently running a 6 point from DI performance here in Houston, TX. My question is should I just have him re tune my truck for the new turbo or go with another tuner like DP? I figure it will cost about the same either way and I don't really know how good they are at DI since no one on here really uses them[
seriously?
Di used to be huge on here...thier mini me gt38r was a staple setup.
google/ youtube danny elmore to see what a di truck can do

no worries about di tooning, and I bet a reburn would be far less then getting a dp chip..cause you need a new chip they dont burn ts styles
probably less then a reburn from gearhead,bean, or php.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
seriously?
Di used to be huge on here...thier mini me gt38r was a staple setup.
google/ youtube danny elmore to see what a di truck can do

no worries about di tooning, and I bet a reburn would be far less then getting a dp chip..cause you need a new chip they dont burn ts styles
probably less then a reburn from gearhead,bean, or

Ive got the info I needed, DI it is. And by the way I'm new on the site so I wouldnt know who "use to be" or "who is" good thanks anyways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts