Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been running my s300 66/74/.91 AR for some time now and i've been impressed with it so far. i'm hoping that by the summer i can afford my supporting mods and fuel. i'm going to add
studs
springs/shims
pushrods
Jakes fuel system
and then finally a set of 238/100's

All from Irate Diesel Performance

since i'm doing all the proper mods, what is the expected hp i can see out of the turbo and injectors?

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone have experience with the combination?

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my moddy 17* Termy hpop is only 2 years old, but i'll obviously have an oil gauge on it to monitor the pressure. and for tune's im considering having Beans Live Tune it. My brother has a small trucking company and he has a lowboy available to take it down on. that way i can really get it dialed in

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
I have 250/80 and it netted me the numbers below, you're going to need to have it wastegated if you want the turbo to live, my wastegate opens quite often and it opens fast, that is a small turbine/wheel but spools awesome. I need more oil volume the truck feels stronger at half throttle and it falls on its face, the dyno line shows it. If I had more oil I am sure i'd be at 500. Smoke free not to mention. But like bruce said you can go to 200% and have a smoky and hot 600hp if you wanted

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well how hard would it be to add a wastegate considering i already have the charger on the truck?
i initially chose the 238's because i was afraid any bigger of injecgtor would max out my termy 17* hpop, losing my top end.
i've been on the fence as to whether the 238's or the 250/200's would be better for my truck. i've been told that its easier for tuners to tune the 250's but i'm not sure if its accurate or not.
i'd rather keep the heat/smoke down to a minimum on the street, but have a hot sled pull tune

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how hard is it to add a wastegate now?
would 250's be too much oil requirements?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
removing mount and turbo, grind hole , weld pipe, add wastegate, add lines for wastegate.

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what seems to be the best waste gate to fun? im pretty unfamiliar with them

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
Jake normally uses a 46mm precision turbo wastegate, its the one im running.. maybe send it back to him and have him cut/add in the gate and the dump to the downpipe?

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats not really an option. i may go ahead and try to purchase a wastegate and then have it installed when I have my motor pulled apart for the mods

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I use the Turbosmart Hyper Gate 45's now just because of there compact design. Makes getting them in there quite a bit easier.

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i read up on the waste gate you use now, and it seems like an easy install compared to the precision installation. i'm assuming i could purchase that from you when i buy injectors jake?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have 238/100s with a stock 17 pump and it holds pressure just fine, I also have the same turbo nongate and it does just fine. 42-45 lbs boost

·
Registered
40 Posts
Correct, don't measure it as this was only a temporary setup, putting my 350/200s in next week and ordering s475

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Honest question!

Do you happen to know what back-pressure is on a 38r when being pushed to 40-45lb of boost? I just have never ran one and never will run one and was curious! Just wondering for a comparison.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts