Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wonderin the opinions on which one is better, if there is one that is better?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Im running the S&B intake and have had it a few thousand miles now and really like i had the Volant kit before and changing from it to the S&B made a huge difference in my opinion i would go with S&B but i know alot of people run the AFE kits to so

S&B is my vote

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
S&B is cheaper and does a good job. i went with a DIY and couldn't be more happier.

·
War Pig
618 Posts
Had the S&B on my 7.3 and liked it. Pretty sure I'll be going with S&B on the 6.0.... S&B gets my vote.

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea i been looking them up, i seen a S&B for 269, and i seen an AFE intake&intake elbow for 579, anyone find them cheaper somewhere else, those prices are from the AFE and S&B sites

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Yea i been looking them up, i seen a S&B for 269, and i seen an AFE intake&intake elbow for 579, anyone find them cheaper somewhere else, those prices are from the AFE and S&B sites
the 269 is MAP pricing, so thats the best price you will find on any website, we sell them for $269.00 with free shipping, if you are int rested, let me know.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the AFE and couldnt be happier as well. It is considerably more expensive, but I think it's just personal prefrence.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Im running the S&B intake and have had it a few thousand miles now and really like i had the Volant kit before and changing from it to the S&B made a huge difference in my opinion i would go with S&B but i know alot of people run the AFE kits to so

S&B is my vote
What was the diffrence between the S&B and the volant?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
What was the diffrence between the S&B and the volant?
Well with my volant kit the plastic casing and tubing wasnt as durable as the S&B and as a matter of fact the reason i changed to the S&B was for the fact that i had found a few cracks in the intake tube and the the filter wasnt as good as i had figured it would be but thats just my .02

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea i got the S&B, its in the mail, thanks for all the advice and opinions guys

1 - 19 of 19 Posts