Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
big fish eat little fish,
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was on swamps website today and seen that they have the 175 injectors in single and split shot. i have a late 99 with splits currently,can anybody tell me the difference between the two?

·
Rock Steady
959 Posts
I , well Marty installed a set of Swamps 175/146 singles in my 2000 F-350.
From what I learned you dont want to waste your time on a split shot upgrade.
Call Dave or email him , they will take good care of you , according to him this injector would have been the ideal Stock injector .
I am no racer nor puller(other than the occasional skid loader or dirt bike trailer).
I am lovin what Swamps and Marty have done to my Truck.

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
i was on swamps website today and seen that they have the 175 injectors in single and split shot. i have a late 99 with splits currently,can anybody tell me the difference between the two?
The S/175/146 injectors are just a slightly larger split shot injector...they (honestly) are a perfectly "fine" injector...which would work 100% flawlessly with any of the generic "off the shelf" chips or programmers (Superchips, Edge, Bullydog, Hyperblahtec, etc)...and will outperform a set of stock split shot injectors IF the high pressure oil pump is better than average.

The S/175/146 splits DO use more high pressure oil than a factory split shot injector...so if you have a mediocre/weak factory HPOP...then the gains (in more fuel volume) will most likely be offset by the drop in injection pressure...and performance may suffer.

IF you have a chip that can be reprogrammed (with custom tunes)...OR you are in the market for a chip & injector "package"...then it is really a no-brainer to go ahead and step up to the 175 single shot injectors...

the 175/146 single shot injectors flow more fuel than a stock split shot injector, AND they use LESS high pressure oil...which ALWAYS results in more power, and better fuel efficiency than a split shot injector...but the single shot injectors do require a custom tuned chip.

If you would like a package quote on a chip & injectors, please shoot me an email. [email protected]

take care~

Dave

·
Registered
574 Posts
DO IT!!!
I second that!
I am very happy with my 175/146 single shot stage 1's on my truck!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts