Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to PSN but recently just spent 4k with Full force diesel that I wish I never have. Ryan was a complete ####### to me the entire time, lied to me, sold me parts not rated for performance diesel than would accept responsibility for his faults. Now I have 2 injectors out of 8 that have failed within 10 miles on installing them. I have ran the truck with valve covers off to confirm they were seated correctly and just as I suspected, they are junk. I ran 3 separate contributions Tests on the motor and came back with cylinder 3 and cylinder 8 injectors bad. I just purchased 180/30 injectors, adrenaline HPOP, and irate fuel system. I also want to let everyone know Walbro has confirmed with me that they do not make any after market diesel preformance fuel pumps... so make sure you purchase the competition kit with the fuelab pump, the walbro shouldn't even be installed on a diesel application, it will void walbros warranty right away. I am only writing this to try to help someone from making the same mistake I made. I wish I never spent a single dollar at Full force diesel. So now its officially been a month since I have started working on my truck (2001 f350) because I can only work on it during the weekends and I have had to return multiple pieces of this order, had to wait for missing parts, and waited for tools I was told got sent but never made it to my house, I pretty much have been lied to and BS'ed the entire time by Ryan. It even got to the point were I told him I was going to go to Swamps, and Ryan said,"I will call dave at swamps and let him know your on the way over" not sure what that meant but I took it as him trying to blackball a paying customer, I hope others had a different experience

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have 3 and 8 show up in a contribution test as well. According to swamps this is common with the grey CPS. They say if it’s running well then just ignore it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 3 and 8 show up in a contribution test as well. According to swamps this is common with the grey CPS. They say if it’s running well then just ignore it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
yeah mine is not running well, it has a miss at idle and revs very very slow. The scan showed my CPS, IPR and ICP all working correctly. I dont know a failed contribution test after I spent over 4k just in parts seems a little strange doesnt it? Does anyone else have any experience with Full Force Dookey parts? I wish I would have went to swamps

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you run it hard to get all the air out of the system?
yes I have, I put 115 miles on the truck, I just ordered a factory CPS just to end that parts potentially failure. I am not happy with full flop diesels injectors at all... just junk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got my injectors from rosewood and have zero complaints and I will be using them again when I decide to do another build.

·
Registered
21 Posts
out of curiosity who's tuning are you using and does it matter if you have the tuner installed or not for the way it runs? until my tunes were adjusted my truck ran good without tuning but on the gearhead heavy tow tune it didnt even want to leave the stop sign

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow that really sucks because i was looking at ordering a set of 180/30s myself fir my motor in the next couple weeks from FFD because of how many positive reviews they've had. Hope all gets fixed soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow that really sucks because i was looking at ordering a set of 180/30s myself fir my motor in the next couple weeks from FFD because of how many positive reviews they've had. Hope all gets fixed soon.
man I would really suggest not going to FFD for your injectors. I have seen multiple failures on their behalf and the reason i am sharing this info is to save one person from wasting their money. I can tell you were I am at now, they have asked me to replace all my sensors (which work perfectly fine before) IPR. ICP, and CPS, I replace with Ford parts which is very expensive. Still my truck runs like crap, no power, revs slow, and failed contribution test for 3 and 8... both asking for 3.6% more fuel at idle. Full retard diesel just tells me to keep driving it... how am I supposed to drive a vehical that runs like crap, like I feel like I am messing up my motor mounts with my motor shaking that much

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
out of curiosity who's tuning are you using and does it matter if you have the tuner installed or not for the way it runs? until my tunes were adjusted my truck ran good without tuning but on the gearhead heavy tow tune it didnt even want to leave the stop sign
I have a TS chip that I sent to FFD to reflash for the single shot injectors. I would not be surprised if they messed up my tunes. That is the next step, run my truck with my chip out to see if there is any changes. PLEASE LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES, THIS IS NOT WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR WHEN I DECIDED TO SPLURGE AND GET STUFF THATS SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER THAN STOCK FOR MY TRUCK. I literally kick myself all day because I could have just gone somewhere else and used someone elses stuff and probably would have had better customer service

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got my injectors from rosewood and have zero complaints and I will be using them again when I decide to do another build.
what injectors did you get? I am about ready to return these pieces of junk, I have been down 3 weeks and this weekend with be 4 weeks. And I have had my truck apart 3 times now, and still no solid answer on what the heck is wrong besides the junk injectors I recieved.

·
Registered
21 Posts
mine are 180/80 and I just did rosewoods premium performance rebuild (listed at $1285 a set on his site), and since I couldnt have my truck down while getting everything together, they went ahead and built me a set of their cores and sent them and I returned my old injectors as the core. Jim was great to work with and on alot of my other parts I went ahead and ordered through him because he was within a dollar either way of what parts were with me shopping around for the best deals I could find. I've got over 9k into engine parts total and then I spent the money on the BTS E40D for my 95 and I couldnt be happier with the truck now, we pulled 3000 bricks home this last weekend (trailer weighing 13k) with no egt issues and was able to get 10.5 mpg and that was on my hottest tune for the hydra. I've got tunes from both gearhead and some that bts hooked me up with and the bts tune was lowest egt.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi turboJP760 sorry to here your having issues with Full Force Diesel I have had a set from full force diesel 180/30 in my truck for all most 3 years have not had a problem with the injectors. The only problem I had was when burning my TS chip got messed up the first time and the second time I got tunes that had to much pulse with and would not keep HPOP up and had a low idle they answered my questions and helped trouble shoot my problems. they refunded some cash back to me and I went and got a hydra and have been happy as hell with the hydra and tunes from 1023 diesel. By the way I would not go to swamps my buddy did and got injectors from them and has had nothing but problems with them ruff idle and smoke out the tail pipe. I helped him send the injectors back to get retested they had them 3 weeks sent them back to him did not tell him anything if they were bad or ok. We put them back in and same thing ruff idle and smoke but he just going to drive it. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
yes I have, I put 115 miles on the truck, I just ordered a factory CPS just to end that parts potentially failure. I am not happy with full flop diesels injectors at all... just junk

Sometimes you can trap air under the icp sensor even after running it 115 miles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sometimes you can trap air under the icp sensor even after running it 115 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

yes I have, I put 115 miles on the truck, I just ordered a factory CPS just to end that parts potentially failure. I am not happy with full flop diesels injectors at all... just junk[/quote]

Yeah, your totally right, especially after doing a new HPOP, I made sure after my first 20 miles I took the ICP and the bolt on the front of passenger side high pressure oil rail and topped off with fresh oil. I am pretty sure it's either 2 bad injectors, or the chip burn is bad. I have XPC code ECU and I have heard they are kind of a pain in the butt with chips. I dont know really, I am a aerospace mechanic, all my scan tools say Northrop grumman's, pratt & whitney, or GE. I have to hire a mechanic to do my scans for me. I am totally competent to turn wrenches but trying to trouble shot this is kicking my ass.. and dealing with Ryan's comments, jabs, and insults make it more interesting

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mine are 180/80 and I just did rosewoods premium performance rebuild (listed at $1285 a set on his site), and since I couldnt have my truck down while getting everything together, they went ahead and built me a set of their cores and sent them and I returned my old injectors as the core. Jim was great to work with and on alot of my other parts I went ahead and ordered through him because he was within a dollar either way of what parts were with me shopping around for the best deals I could find. I've got over 9k into engine parts total and then I spent the money on the BTS E40D for my 95 and I couldnt be happier with the truck now, we pulled 3000 bricks home this last weekend (trailer weighing 13k) with no egt issues and was able to get 10.5 mpg and that was on my hottest tune for the hydra. I've got tunes from both gearhead and some that bts hooked me up with and the bts tune was lowest egt.
Hi turboJP760 sorry to here your having issues with Full Force Diesel I have had a set from full force diesel 180/30 in my truck for all most 3 years have not had a problem with the injectors. The only problem I had was when burning my TS chip got messed up the first time and the second time I got tunes that had to much pulse with and would not keep HPOP up and had a low idle they answered my questions and helped trouble shoot my problems. they refunded some cash back to me and I went and got a hydra and have been happy as hell with the hydra and tunes from 1023 diesel. By the way I would not go to swamps my buddy did and got injectors from them and has had nothing but problems with them ruff idle and smoke out the tail pipe. I helped him send the injectors back to get retested they had them 3 weeks sent them back to him did not tell him anything if they were bad or ok. We put them back in and same thing ruff idle and smoke but he just going to drive it. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Rosewood is who I would choose, but honestly anyone other than Full regard diesel. How do you like your rosewood? Would you suggest them? I have 3 other 7.3 in my family and they were all waiting to see how mine turned out. They definatly dont want anything to do with FFD, I just want my truck back, it's been too long!

·
Project Shamu
2,717 Posts
If you think that cyl 3 and 8 are really a bad injector, and its NOT a faulty ICP, Then swap cyl 3 with cyl 5, and cyl 8 with cyl 6. If the code follows, then you know its the injectors, if the code DOESN'T follow, then its a ####ty CPS.

You can also go through, and one at a time, unplug each injector and listen for an idle drop and rough"er" running, if you get to one injector and it doesn't sound any different when you unplug it, then you found your problem cylinder. Then its all just to make sure its the injector that is the problem, and not something else.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Rosewood is who I would choose, but honestly anyone other than Full regard diesel. How do you like your rosewood? Would you suggest them? I have 3 other 7.3 in my family and they were all waiting to see how mine turned out. They definatly dont want anything to do with FFD, I just want my truck back, it's been too long!

Hi I have got the injector cup tool kit from rosewood diesel great service. When I was doing my injectors it was going to be rosewood or full force diesel. So with your bad experience I give rosewood a shot.
Also the injector sleeve tool kit he sells is awesome complete kit with tools you can keep I have done 3 sets on trucks for friends worth the money if you plan on driving a 7.3 for life.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you think that cyl 3 and 8 are really a bad injector, and its NOT a faulty ICP, Then swap cyl 3 with cyl 5, and cyl 8 with cyl 6. If the code follows, then you know its the injectors, if the code DOESN'T follow, then its a ####ty CPS.

You can also go through, and one at a time, unplug each injector and listen for an idle drop and rough"er" running, if you get to one injector and it doesn't sound any different when you unplug it, then you found your problem cylinder. Then its all just to make sure its the injector that is the problem, and not something else.
I already ordered a new CPS from the dealership, should be here today. It's a cheap part so I figured couldnt hurt to replace it. My next step is to pull valve covers and run truck with valve cover off to make sure the injectors are sealed. Believe me I want my truck to run soooo bad it's not even funny at this point. I have to pay for metal delivery for my business as opposed to picking it up with my trailer. I keep hearing that the chip might have some issue with XPC ecu

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
swamps or rosewood
Very happy with Swamps injectors and tunes here at our house (5ea 7.3 trucks)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts