Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me crazy if you want but i decided to test this method of painting my sig truck. I had to replace my front fenders because thery were rusted pretty bad so i decided to paint the entire truck. So far i'm really impressed with the outcome. I have 2 coats on the truck so far and i plan on doing another 4 or 5. What do yall think?

Heres the truck before..

In the process..

And after the firdt two coats..

I will post up more as i go.

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
Damn that look goood!

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
I'm happy it worked out for you, only worry I have is longevity. It may last for ever, or less than a year. Hard to tell.

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be kinda scared to do someone elses right now. I want to make sure i get good practise on mine and get the process down first. I really need to replace my bedside in the pic above.

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm happy it worked out for you, only worry I have is longevity. It may last for ever, or less than a year. Hard to tell.
I worry about that too. Worst comes to it i'm only out $50 a year. LOL

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
I think he was joking. Looks good though.

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't do it unless the truck really needs it. I'm on a tight budget and i was just to curious if it would work.

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No worries bud. I knew you were joking. Thanks :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
As to longevity, I usually get a couple to three decent years on my handrails and stuff in the sun down here. That is with Rusto Industrial. Truck looks good. Gonna clear coat it now?

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
As to longevity, I usually get a couple to three decent years on my handrails and stuff in the sun down here. That is with Rusto Industrial. Truck looks good. Gonna clear coat it now?
Good to hear! I would think that it would stand up to fading and stuff with lots of wax, I mostly meant scratching and such.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah, as long as you get the industrial and follow the directions to a "T", its is a lot better stuff than most would think. I use it the most in my shop, followed second by satin black in another brand. The spray bombs match up perfectly, too. Great for touch up.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Painted my pass side front fender on my 93 with normal Rustoleum glossy red in April 2010 before I sold it. When I saw the truck again in Nov 2010 the fender was still fine & it matched good from a distance.

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes it will be getting a clear coat. What's nice about this paint Is if I eg a scratch in it all I have to do is run to a local harware store and grab a rattle can of rusto black and fix it. Haha.

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Painted my pass side front fender on my 93 with normal Rustoleum glossy red in April 2010 before I sold it. When I saw the truck again in Nov 2010 the fender was still fine & it matched good from a distance.

Nice rig man.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I tried that once and fuked it up pretty bad. I did it with flat though and EVERY line showed. On top of that I was pretty drunk and didn't take my time. Basically there were a lot of horrible ideas going on that day.

For a few more bucks you could do a different type of Rustoleum paint job.

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90475&page=3
(post 25)

Minus the dust from sitting in the garage my bronco's paint still looks the same.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Invest in a couple coats of clear. That will seal it some.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Dang I need to look a lil harder on what kind of paint is out there before I finish my body work on my truck... By the way both of those trucks look good

1 - 20 of 49 Posts