Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I just bout a 99 f250 7.3, orginally a texas truck, now up here in ohio it has some rust on the frame and underbody, nothing serious just surface, but i want to take care of it...

my plan was to get a descaling tool from harbor freight and speed a weekend day and a 12 pack lying back on the creeper with a face shield... after that i was going to rust convert it and underbody coat it with bed liner and high temp spray the exhast...

im looking for a brand of rust convertor that i can spray on without wiping off or having to scrub (if there is such a thing)... just spray on and leave... does anyone know of a product... also is it safe to spray on wiring harness that goes down my frame rail?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Yes ospho just put it in a garden sprayer and go to town....where coveralls, rubber gloves and face mask and goggles. That stuff burns bad when it gets on the skin. I wouldn't undercoat the truck though after all your prep work and converting I would coat the entire underbody with fluid film oil. It works awesome I been spraying my rust free truck through the past three northern michigan winters with fluid film in the fall and then again after the winter salting stops and my undercarriage is as clean and rust free as the day it was new

1 - 2 of 2 Posts