Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay peeps check it out. I'm going to GA next week and will be stopping off at PHP for some FICM/PCM tuning. I leave on the 8th and will return on the 10th.

If you want me to carry down your FICM or PCM for Bill to tune up contact me ASAP to work out the details.

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Have a good trip im prolly ordering the ficm tuner here soon

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool...sounds like a plan coming together. Going to run the Atlas 40 myself.

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
well I figured that one tune for 150 or 4 tunes for 400...the better deal is the 4 tunes, plus you can change them whenever you want! ill prolly stick with the 40 (maybe even the 80) for daily driving but when we go back to a track ill have the herc to put on!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I was considering the tuner but don't need to put that much into it. Figured the 40 fits for me besides I can get my current FICM upgraded for $50.

I got Dave's FICM and cash in hand so you better step up if you are trying to keep up.

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Lol i cant keep up as it is... with yall havin injectors and turbo already! Well i know i can get dave since hes gear so low but not you

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Peer pressure is a bitch ain't it???

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
ordered my tuner today...now just the wait till it gets here

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SO the Atlas 40 is in the FICM now. SMOOTH power and complements the TSD SPD tuning nicely. While I was there I got a spare PCM tuned for a 40 Tow setting. Just swapped that out just a bit ago and topped that with the SPD. PCM Test run gave same results as expected. I can't wait to run this setup more so look forward to some MPG posts!!

·
blead Ford Blue
473 Posts
hey Brian how has she been running, thinking on doing the same thing with mine pluse all my new goodies, hope for a very good update

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Using the Atlas 40 has been a great improvement to the truck. I'm still trying to get some good MPG results I'll post up when I get some real results. NO complaints with the Atlas 40!!

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
I havent loaded 40 yet but 80 is a great addition to IDPs X Street as well!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Installed mine this past weekend. Really smoothed out the engine....great low end response.....very much a worthwhile mod. I may talk to Bill about tuning my PCM too just to clean things up.

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was able to fill up today. Fuel to the cap...NOW to see the real MPG gains. So far it's WELL worth the cost of the FICM tuning.

·
Registered
298 Posts
when you got the ficm tuner, did you have them rollback your EMC as well?

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For me I have never been reflashed by Ford so my original VXCF4 strategy remained pure. I did have [email protected] create a backup PCM for me. He took my spare PCM and loaded up a 40HP Tow tune with EGR delete file as the base strategy. SO I removed my original PCM, swapped in the PHP tuned PCM then loaded up my SCT files. IF I ever need to tow some serious weight I can remove the SCT file and have a Tow file hard set on the PCM.

My intent was to have a back up set of PCM and FICM parts. I definitely recommend using PHP for tuning and mods. They are busy but WELL worth the wait for their products.

·
Registered
298 Posts
so he will have to rollback my ecm since my strategy is a VXCF9DA

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's not required for FICM tuning. Rolling back and FICM tuning may result in better results than just FICM tuning alone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts