Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a stock 99 7.3 that's running pretty rough. It was sitting for a few weeks since it's not registered. I tried starting it with no luck after it was plugged in for awhile. I needed a gpr so I installed the stancor unit. Still wouldn't start. My cousin suggested changing the fuel filter and using some antigel. I did and got it started and let it warm up but it's still running kinda rough and the RPMs are a little low. He thinks it may be a bad injector. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mitch

·
Genius, when I drink
1,295 Posts
Well if you knew someone with AE that would certainly help. You could do a buzz test on the injectors. Is the check engine light coming on at all?

First I would check your batteries, you should see 13.8-14 volts on each one. Also, check your battery connections even the grounds. Check the oil level as well, might even want to check the HPOP reserve oil level. After that, fill it up and drive it and see if it doesn't get better.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my check engine light isn't coming on and I don't have AE. It started the other day fine and ran fine but today it's doing the same thing. I've tried restarting it and running it to see if it clears up but it hasn't. I'm just trying to find a fix before I pay to have it looked at.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Is your ICP sensor oily?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked the ICP sensor and it's not oily. It's missing the little rubber piece but that's been gone since I bought the truck last summer.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Fresh fuel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts