Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late 04 f250 cc . The truck makes strange noise while running at lower rpms . Sounds almost like injector clatter and it lasts for only a second. I can't post videos and it's hard to explain. Can someone with more post please copy paste my video for me please. My you tune account is the same name Johnny mcg and the video is titled "late 2004 Ford 6.0 running and idle issue" thank you for any help. I no love from another forum.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also the sound seems to happen at random times but happens over and over so I have not gotten to drive my baby in a month now. I have not found any video or forum that seems to have the same issue. Please ask questions. I am not too good at explaining things.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,399 Posts
I listened to the video, and honestly I'm having a tough time trying to hear anything abnormal. Does it drive or perform any differently now that you hear the sound sometimes?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes when the clicking buzzing or clatter happens the truck barely responds to throttle and it seems like the rpms drop a bit, but only during the sound. I had to turn my volume up to hear it. I'll try and see if I record from the cab if it is more noticeable.

·
Administrator
8,238 Posts
As stated over on the .org you need to have a monitor. We won’t be able to help much without it. You can check out the link that heavy_gd posted and do some reading. Also google superduty diagnosis on cheap. That thread is also on the .org and will tell you what you can use to monitor and do some test and pull codes.

·
Administrator
8,238 Posts
So what are your numbers before and after this happens? Check icp voltage, ipr, ficm voltage and a few other. I’m no 6.0 guy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is late but in case someone has a similar issue. What was wrong with my truck was the fuel pump was failing on me. New pump and all has been good.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,163 Posts
So what are your numbers before and after this happens? Check icp voltage, ipr, ficm voltage and a few other. I’m no 6.0 guy.
I am not sure WHY people refuse to post numbers - especially when they have a scan device! If you are asked for numbers and don't give them ..... well of course you will "get no love".

This is late but in case someone has a similar issue. What was wrong with my truck was the fuel pump was failing on me. New pump and all has been good.

I realize that a typical scan tool isn't going to pinpoint a weak fuel pump, but you (the average owner that doesn't have shop level diagnostic equipment) get there by process of elimination of other issues. No mechanic is going to take your description and tell you to change the fuel pump.

Anyway - this is a good thread to use for emphasizing the need for ALL 6.0L's to have a fuel pressure gauge.

Glad you got it fixed. My fuel pump went out on me last week ..... immediately picked it up w/ the fuel pressure gauge. For me, pressure was fine at normal driving, just dropped too low at hard accelerations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts