Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, this started about a week ago. Sometimes, when I first start the truck, it'll be just fine. Others, it will start, idle great, and then start running on only the passenger side cylinders. At first I thought it was a short while the glow plugs were on, but it's been starting long after the glow plugs have deenergized. Like, four to five minutes at idle, and it will do it. Other times it's almost immediately. It will clear itself up after a few minutes and run correctly. Sometimes I will have to rev the engine to at least 1500 rpm on four cylinders before letting the pedal go, and after it hits idle speed it will fire back up on all eight. While running on four, the check engine light is illuminated. Also, sometimes it will do it while I'm driving, and again, if I get engine speed up and then let it drop off, at idle speed it will clear up. I don't have a scanner or software, so. . .if anybody close to Jacksonville NC could help me diagnose this with a scanner, I have beer. Any and all suggestions welcome, and let me know if you need more info. I don't know what else to add. . .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so too, it's just odd that if I get the engine turning fast and then release the pedal it fires back up on all eight as the r's drop back to idle.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Could be an IDM fault since if there's a problem in one side of the engine, the IDM will shut down one whole bank of injectors, so could be a bad IDM or wiring/injector fault.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts