Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Power by IH
184 Posts
recoil isn't as bad as you would think, barrel is so short it looses a lot of energy, awesome muzzle flash though :D

·
Registered
1,569 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I had a ported and fluted Trail Boss. It was a special edition S&W 2 3/4" snubby 44 magnum. It was a blast to shoot. That is one pistol I continue to kick myself for selling.

GET IT!!!!!

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I don't want to be close enough to a bear to have to use that thing for personal protection. Even if you win, you might lose.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
man that is a 44 mag.. that thing is gonna have a recoil from hell!!!
If a bear or moose is coming at me, I'll take the recoil anyday!

I've never seen a snub-nosed .44, if the recoil really isn't bad, I'd get one!

Dave

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
:popcorn: get it

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I don't want to be close enough to a bear to have to use that thing for personal protection. Even if you win, you might lose.
Believe it or not these "little" guns are quite accurate. A milk jug at 70+ yards was never a problem.

·
Registered
650 Posts
No I think he meant a 330 gal tote.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Nope guys, gallon milk jug on a stump can be hit with these pretty easily at 70 yards, 210 feet, from a resting point.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i myself would look into a .460, or even a .480, i have a .500 S&W for carrying in the back country, i would trust my life to no smaller caliber

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have the Alaskan in .480 Ruger, it's not really that bad to shoot, but it does give one Hell of a push on your hand and a whole lotta muzzle blast :D

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
If a bear or moose is coming at me, I'll take the recoil anyday!

I've never seen a snub-nosed .44, if the recoil really isn't bad, I'd get one!

Dave
i was kinda goin for recoil.... like pull the trigger and it recoils back over your head kinda thing was what i waS meaningLOLLOL

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Nope guys, gallon milk jug on a stump can be hit with these pretty easily at 70 yards, 210 feet, from a resting point.
im not gonna throw the :bsflag: card, but this is something id have to "SEE" to believe

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im not gonna throw the :bsflag: card, but this is something id have to "SEE" to believe
I have fired more rounds than most people with guns and I'll tell you, accurate 70 yard shots with 2 1/2 inch 44 mag is not possible.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts