Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Big Plans
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the pictures of the new one piece DashDaq mount from Rudys Diesel, I couldn't be happier with how the piece turned out

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks great can you post some pics of the door closed, i want to see if it blocks the speaker.

·
Big Plans
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great can you post some pics of the door closed, i want to see if it blocks the speaker.
Ill try to remember to get some next time i get up to where my truck is...i dont have the truck right now as its apart for the build...i put it in today when i was up there dropping some stuff off...but next time im there ill try to remember...honestly i dont think that it will block the speaker

·
Big Plans
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how is the dash daq held into that mount?
There is a metal bracket that you put into the mount and then screw the DD into it from the back

·
Registered
479 Posts
Looks really clean I like it.

·
Professional Prick
268 Posts
Ditto

Jared

·
Registered
683 Posts
Me too!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Price? Any possibility of a discounted psn group buy? I'd love to have one. Very clean and factory looking.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why can we make one that's molded around the DD?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I agree that to me it would look better if the Dash Daq was recessed into it. I am guessing the reason they didn't build it that way is because it would make it impossible to get the SD card in and out without removing the whole piece.

I have a regular Dash Daq, not the XL. Will this work with it as well? I don't know how much difference in size there really is.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Good point! Maybe create a slot in it. You could use a flat head to pop it out and used plies or maybe make it wide enough to use your finger nails

·
Big Plans
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are these on Rudy's website? I'd like to order one?
Give the guys at Rudys a call, i dont think their on the website yet

The way that the mount is made i doubt it can happen...The pod is molded in from 2 pieces, and there would be no way to secure the DD with it being made like that, they'd have to design and have a company makea complete new mount. It wouldnt be anywhere near cost effective

·
Registered
960 Posts
Give the guys at Rudys a call, i dont think their on the website yet

The way that the mount is made i doubt it can happen...The pod is molded in from 2 pieces, and there would be no way to secure the DD with it being made like that, they'd have to design and have a company makea complete new mount. It wouldnt be anywhere near cost effective
Whats the cost on them?

·
Big Plans
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Whats the cost on them?
Give Rudy's a call for the exact price, but the price on their H&S mount is:

If you supply your trim panel, dash mount and adapter $ 299.99
If we supply everything including the trim panel $ 489.99

Im gonna say the price of the DD pod is going to be similar. They didn't have retail price finalized yet when i had mine ordered, so i dont want to give you guys a wrong price

1 - 20 of 33 Posts