1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
These have been made by about 3 successor companies in the last 5 years or so. They replace the rear spring shackle with their unit that has a rubber link in it. Lifts the rear of the truck about 1-2" and improves the ride. Used to be called Velvet-Rides and were about $120-150 on ebay.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Yes I have the velvet rides made by Goodyear from a while back. Have em on my sig truck. They smooth the small bumps like washboard gravel road right out. I like mine they actually lowered rear by 1/2 iirc with stock springs on my 96 350 cclb 4x4. Pulled them off and put on sig truck and really like how the suspension combo works...Right now have 600lbs Rubicon ATV, 405 litre of fuel, work gear guessing GVW about 9000 lbs air bags at 30 psi and this thing rides smooth and handles wicked....

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So its for the rear, not the front?

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
so now i have seen that they raise the rear and lower the rear. if they lower the rear 1-2" i'm going to get some, but if they raise it i don't want them. so which is it??

To the OP. Yes, they replace the rear shackles and that's it.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
So its for the rear, not the front?
Rear springs, replaces rear shackle

Travis on mine lowered it by iirc one half inch or so I don't think the Goodyear velvet rides are made anymore though.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
who else sells them? the link I posted above, they are $300

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Velvet Ride Shackles were made by BF Goodrich aerospace. I have 2 sets for sale for Superdutys and 2 sets for '98 F250's and earlier. New in box.
I Never heard of any Velvet Rides failing. Nothing but compliments on ride quality.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts