Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dunno what the gasket is for... I have a rubber O ring gasket loose right behind the rotor... I think its for the hub? but its loose and am sure its not good...ill try to show a pic of it to show ya guys

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Im not sure which one you are talking about but I had both of my diff seals loose and just took it in......they replaced them quick and that was it.......I think they know they have an issue with them

show us that pic and Im sure someone will know the answer for sure

·
Registered
130 Posts
i think mine are lose also.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that could be it... i haven't notice a drivabilty issues with it i should take her in to get it fix under warrenty thou right....?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
mine are loose too, a buddy of mine says he has never seen a superduty that doesnt have the dust seals out of it, im not even going to bother with mine.

·
Registered
236 Posts
yeah i noticed mine a month after i drove off the lot with it. I was putting in the spartan stuff on when i notice them.. Then looked at the other trucks and they were the same way also.:ford:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
If its what i was referring to above........the only side effect of not getting it fixed would be getting mud and/or muddy water into the axles?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
If its what i was referring to above........the only side effect of not getting it fixed would be getting mud and/or muddy water into the axles?
yeah exactly, i just think it helps protect the inner axle seal from getting junk in it and leaking.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Yea the ONLY way to keep those seals good is to replace them at least once a year. On any of the SDs from 99 up. I have put in 100s of them. And 6mos down the road they are wore out. It doesnt hurt a thing dont worry about them.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I was at my dealer one day and they were replacign them on a truck and if I recall right, there is a upgraded seal that solves that problem.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
If you could get a part number for a upgraded one I would like to see it I order these things from the dealer all the time and they never tell me about a upgraded one. They are the same seal iirc from 99-10 ^? they should of upgraded thats for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts