Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone run an RSK with v10 springs? I have access to some but no idea the truck vin or spring code.

Anyway I could tell the code?

2000ish F350 CCLB V10.

Thanks

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I am running them in my on crew cab. I LOVE the ride and want to swap out my V codes for the U code(V-10/excursion springs)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
what's the advantage of this?

·
GIG 'EM
240 Posts
After looking at several Excursions the conclusion I have on the spring codes for the 4wd is, B for 5.4s C for 6.8s, and D for Diesels. But like Brad said, some could have been spec'd differently.

U Codes were the most popular for V10 pickups. The U Code also appeared under 99-01 7.3s. Afterwards, it wasnt a popular option for Diesel 4x4s.

I have U-codes under my truck and I really like them. But I dont have V code equipped OBS to benchmark off of. But the U-codes are soft for leafs, but its still a truck. I can't exactly say anything toward V codes though.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds like they should work then. Assuming they are U code which is probably a good guess.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
166 Posts
mine has u codes, as of brad suggestion and they ride awesome!!!!!!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Not to derail, can anyone compare the ride of a U code to that of an 05+ suspension setup? Im on the fence on which way to go here for a softer ride

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mine has u codes, as of brad suggestion and they ride awesome!!!!!!

Truck looks great! Thats only a 2.5" PMF RSK? Looks big! I only plan to run 35s they should fit nicely with a 2.5"

·
Daily Stroker
1,680 Posts
Not to derail, can anyone compare the ride of a U code to that of an 05+ suspension setup? Im on the fence on which way to go here for a softer ride
This... Also on the fence. 05+ is alot more work and Im not sure if its REALLY worth it..

·
Registered
909 Posts
Its not that much work though? drill a few holes and bolt stuff on. I already have my track bar setup for my 04 axles and Id only have to change the front axle. The rear is already 8x170

·
GIG 'EM
240 Posts
Joe, I haven't had a ride in a 05+ swapped OBS. But under the SD that suspension is all around better than an RSK OBS. However, I cant knock the setup I have right now. The ride is very plush for an OBS, with the soft springs and big sidewalls I love this truck on the highway. It also has good manners for such a soft suspension and high center of gravity.

Here's a picture of my truck. Same kit and springs a BigGreen, but with a 7.3 weighing it down.

·
Registered
909 Posts
If the RSK could be used with no lift I would do it. But I dont want to lift my truck even another inch. Ideally I want to lower it

·
Registered
909 Posts
The pictures make it seem high but I agree. Sad part is those are worn out 350 front springs and stock 250 springs/block out back. Im going to dump the block and see what it does. I may be able to live with it like that. All this is so it wont look stupid on 33s.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Joe, I haven't had a ride in a 05+ swapped OBS. But under the SD that suspension is all around better than an RSK OBS. However, I cant knock the setup I have right now. The ride is very plush for an OBS, with the soft springs and big sidewalls I love this truck on the highway. It also has good manners for such a soft suspension and high center of gravity.

Here's a picture of my truck. Same kit and springs a BigGreen, but with a 7.3 weighing it down.

sharp truck!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Truck looks great! Thats only a 2.5" PMF RSK? Looks big! I only plan to run 35s they should fit nicely with a 2.5"
Thanks, its actually a 2.25 pmf kit. I have 35s on mine(actually 315/75/r16) and i think they look good

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I've been doing RS-SD spring swaps since I developed it in '99, if it ride stiff you have done something wrong.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts