Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
I would say turn the key if it starts you should get between 700-1000 right off the bat.. if you step on the pedal on the right hand side of your feet you will get more.. if you let off you will get less.. works on my truck any ways. :hehe:
:eek:wned:

I dont think there is much point,the 7.3 doesnt make anymore power at a higher RPM, so why bother............If we can get it to make power in the 4000+ RPM range then it would be a plus

·
<-- GO BRONCOS
965 Posts
=I dont think there is much point,the 7.3 doesnt make anymore power at a higher RPM, so why bother............If we can get it to make power in the 4000+ RPM range then it would be a plus
I think Charles was working on that.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Lets get a 3406 to rev 4000 :hehe:

That would be more effective then a bomb

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
Lets get a 3406 to rev 4000 :hehe:

That would be more effective then a bomb
I don't want to be anywhere near that thing when its running :eek:

-Michael

·
Registered
2,085 Posts

·
Crazy Redneck
867 Posts
8V92 @ 5200RPM.

That was the most awsome thing I ever heard, right up to the point where it proceded to throw just about every part from the motor.:doh::eek:

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
8V92 @ 5200RPM.

That was the most awsome thing I ever heard, right up to the point where it proceded to throw just about every part from the motor.:doh::eek:
I'd take the 4K rpm 3406 over that!!

-Michael

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Why is that so funny? And it's not hard to do.
Your kidding me right..............Isnt there peak power like 2000 RPM................4000 would be menacing :shrug:

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
8V92 @ 5200RPM.

I have two 8V92's that still have the same crank, rods, block and cams that I got them with and they have been turning 4k everyday they get switched on. I'd like to spin 'em faster but the clutches won't take any more RPM.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Your kidding me right..............Isnt there peak power like 2000 RPM................4000 would be menacing :shrug:
I'm not kidding. No, 3406E will make peak TQ around 1350, rated power at 2100 for an on-highway engine. A 3406 will make peak TQ around 1400-1500 depending on model IIRC.

I'd have no issue at all turning one 3k and have done so in working trucks. 4k would take some work, but just like the BC's, SC's, VT's, 71's, 53's, 92's, E9's, etc. I've built if it's done right they'll take some RPM without issue.

·
all ur OBS r belong to me
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why is that so funny? And it's not hard to do.
I've seen a 3208 in an Oliver tractor turn over 5k... that was a mean machine. 4k is the norm for division 4 antiques around here, my 4320 is built to turn every bit of that.

Guys we're never going to be competitive if we can't make any power above 3000rpms. If we could make the torque we do now, but at 4k rpms, we'd be unstoppable. Look at Double Overtime, do you think he's making peak torque at 2800rpms? Thats why these guys keep breaking rods and windowing blocks, becaue they are making huge torque at low rpms. That jsut breaks parts.

·
you want some of this?
2,922 Posts
how's peak hp @ 3500 sound? (on the stock cam)

...man...if only someone was working on something ;)
Man, quit teasing us........
Lemme guess, Banks is working on a kit right now as we speak?:poke:.
Seriously now. WHO could possibly be working on these old outdated dinosaur 7.3 engines to make more rpm? Who I ask ya ? who?
:bowfast:.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts