Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at a red light today and was sitting there with my foot on the brake. The truck jumped and acted like it wanted to die and the reved right back up to normal. Got to the house and put it in park. Let my foot off the brake and it died on its on. :confused:New to me. Any ideas from the pros is appriciated.
The rpm's are jumping from 500 to 800 in idle. Usually they are a smooth 600

·
JFURNER77
404 Posts
Are you getting CEL? Will it start back up?
Check HPOP system pressure, fuel pressure, CPS
Check VC & UVCH connections for burns

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Alright found what was causing it. There is a wire on the driver side of the fuel filter housing under the hood.
I saw another post on here where the guy said the back of the fuel heater wire busted and was spraying fuel out. I believe that is what is wrong with mine. Except its not a leak. Its a steady spray. How and where do I get the things to fix this? Or can I disconnect it and put a cap nut on the connection?
its spraying from right where my finger is in the 3rd picture. Or from the black connection in the 1st picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
Disconnect it and cap it OR Disconnect it, replace o-ring and reassemble it

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fixed it. There were no dealerships around here opened late Friday or open at all on saturday. Was considering tapping it and putting a plug but couldnt find anyone who sold a large enough tap. I remover the complete heater assembly from the can. Completely cleaned it to get all metal out. I used a rubber block plug from Orielys to plug the hole. Cut the wire back, taped it off and stuck it back in the wrap. Got a new filter and gasket. Put it all back together and wha la. Drove at least 200 miles last night and everything seems good. Would still like to tap and plug it later though.

Attachments

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Get that block plug out of there asap!!!!! The rubber is going to fall apart and get into your fuel system and start plugging things up pretty quick. That rubber is not fuel resistant. Find an appropriate size tap and plug and fix it right before you have more problems.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get that block plug out of there asap!!!!! The rubber is going to fall apart and get into your fuel system and start plugging things up pretty quick. That rubber is not fuel resistant. Find an appropriate size tap and plug and fix it right before you have more problems.
got to make it home first.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
I understand that man. I was just letting you know that you need to get that plug out of there as soon as possible. I don't want to see you ahving even bigger problems cause the rubber fell apart and blocked up your entire fuel system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts