Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When doing normal driving engine jumps about 500RPM after initial shift to 2, 3, and 4 without changing power to the road. If I get into the throttle it settles back into the gear at a normal RPM, but jumps right back when I let off. Replaced the transmission with a Ford reman from the dealership after finding a lot of metal in the pan during a fluid change. I expected this to clear up with the new transmission, but all that changed is the shifting got smoother. I'm guessing that makes this an electrical issue, but I'm not sure the best path to take next.

·
Registered
93 Posts
What you are describing is the torque converter lockup engaging and disengaging, the computer commands it to apply and various things can cause it to disengage, foot on the brake for example, engine temp, etc, it sounds like its working as designed, but you might check into whether or not there is any updated software for your year model as it relates to transmission operation, sometimes the factory had software updates to address certain issues related to shifting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts