Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
WASTIN MONEY
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I am hoping someone can help me out. My truck idles really coppy, when maintaining a steady speed it hesitates and then coming off of the throttle it is really coppy. If you guys have any advice it would very helpful.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
What kind of fuel system do you have , how foamy is your oil on the stick.
Where is the return line oil located on your hpop.

Could be a couple of things.

I assume truck is tuned for big oil and injectors

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would bet its your CPS. My truck did the exact same thing. I replaced it (with one from oRIelly, mistake..) and it fixed the problem. I am good g to get one from ford or international because the ones from auto part stores are not as good as one from a ford or international dealership. After I replaced mine I have to let the key be turned over for about 7 seconds or I won't start. But it did fix the, ####ty idle. Start with the CPS. If that doesn't fix it then try your IPR. YOu can buy a new IPR for around $170. Or you can clean the one you have. There's a wright up somewhere on how-to clean it. If your still having the problem then try the ICP. Replace it. If none of these fix your problem then there will be more serious issues, such as malfunction of your HPOP, bad oil, diesel in your oil. Make sure you're not leaking fuel, or oil.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
ford cps cheap could be fix.
if it is ipr do a serch for cleanning..maybe guzzle has a write up , dieselsite has some remans for 80 bucks or so, as another option.

·
WASTIN MONEY
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys just wondering which cps to get I have read a couple threads were they say some dont work well with a dp tuner. If someone could post up a part number I would appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts