Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a '03 6.0l that is bone stock. My truck has been running extremely rough recently for about the first 3 to 5 miles it has absolutely terrible shifting, sounds terrible, and has hardly any power at all. At first I thought it was maybe because I hadnt ran it in two days. But now I drive it everyday, and the same thing happens. I have a service engine light on, but I got that checked at Auto Zone and the computer said I needed a new ICP sensor. So can you guys help me? any thoughts or suggestions? lol im praying its blown headgaskets so I can get my ARPs installed (hahahaha)
But i havent ever seen it puke.... yet

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Are you running a programmer? It might take a while to puke without one. get one on then it'll puke haha.

Have you tried replacing the ICP sensor then?

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
well for starters i would change out the icp, then go from there. I am surprised auto zone could read your codes. Might try to find someone with a tuner than can read your codes or find a AE.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you running a programmer? It might take a while to puke without one. get one on then it'll puke haha.

I am not running a programmer, and i havent had time to replace it. I have an extended warranty so all I have to do is take it in, but havent had time!

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well for starters i would change out the icp, then go from there. I am surprised auto zone could read your codes. Might try to find someone with a tuner than can read your codes or find a AE.
Would the ICP really cause those problems?

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
ya it could, it controls your injectors

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh ok! well also, do you think my injectors need to be cleaned?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

No but he's running an iPhone, Mac, and iPod :hehe:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've seen those early ICP sensors cause alot of cold driveability problems. I'd replace the sensor and inspect the wiring closely, make sure there isn't any oil in the plug. Clear the codes out and reset the KAM, then go from there.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok ill try to get it replaced as soon as possible!

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I took my truck in for service, and it had, not only a dead ICP sensor, but 4 bad injectors!!!!

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$1800

1 - 12 of 12 Posts