Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, been lurking here for a few months. Been having problems with my 97 f250. Truck started missing really badly every now and again when cold, CEL would come on, and then just snap out of it and run fine for days. Then it would happen again, sounds like it would be running on 5-6 cyls. Eventually started doing it more and more until it would not clear up at all. Changed UVCW since old was burnt up pretty bad, didnt help. Swapped IDM for a modded swamps unit. Threw more codes than old IDM.

Old IDM-
p0270 inj crkt low 4
p1272 inj high/low side open 2
p1274 ^^ 4

New IDM-
p0270
p1271, 73, 74, 76, 77, 78
p1293, 94 high side open bank 1 and 2
p1298 IDM failure

Passes buzz test and all that good stuff but wont clear up and run. Installed baby swamp injectors and fired up to get air out, smokes a little white for 20 seconds or so then kicks down into missing badly again but now is smoking a ton of black smoke. Any ideas where to start?? Thanks!

·
Registered
421 Posts
All UVC harnesses /Gaskets/ Connectors /wiring good and solid ?

·
Registered
498 Posts
All UVC harnesses /Gaskets/ Connectors /wiring good and solid ?
I had pretty much the same problem as listed above. It turned out my brand new dorman VC and UVCH was wired wrong. One plug had the glow plug wire and injector wires backwards. Rewired it on the outside with the new pigtails and have no problems since.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
It sounds like your UVCH's , you better take a closer look

1 - 5 of 5 Posts