Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
got another 7.3
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been having some trouble out of my E99. First off it has had a bad habit of starting, idling smoothly until you make it 300 ft up the road, the idling very rough/loud. Shut it off, start it back up, sometimes it would do the same thing, other times it would run fine the rest of the day. Put a new icp sensor in it, as the one i had was soaked in oil, and it seems to have gotten worse. Put the scanner on it, and when it first starts, it has 1000-1150 psi icp, 14% duty cycle, then drops to 725 and 15% like I unpluged the icp sensor. All on a warm motor.

The next issue is I had what I though was a gpr go out, so i replaced it, and can't get 12v to the side that goes to the gp's, it has a ground. Could these issues somehow be linked?

Thanks guys, this is our only vehicle right now, and i dont need it leaving the wife and kids on the side of the road.

·
Registered
926 Posts
raised ICP can be from a dead or dying injector. If you have good injectors then i had an issue wehre i passed some crap threw my IPR, ICP went way up and was around 15%+ at idol DC. next day truck lost oil pressure as the IPR got stuck open and wouldnt build a single pound. You could take out the IPR and really blow it out and Brake Kleen it to death. There are 2 holes you can blow compressed air and brake clean in at the end of the IPR. see if that helps.

·
Registered
926 Posts
also check the tin nut on the back of the IPR solenoid and make sure it didnt come off, that could also explain a few things with the idol. as for your glow plugs i would check the maxi fuses, do you hear it click when you turn the key? Glow plug light?

·
got another 7.3
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get the WTS light, and the relay does click when I turn the key.

·
got another 7.3
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drove it to work tonight, acted up when I first started it, but drove fine the whole way.

·
got another 7.3
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Messed with it some today, checked ipc and ipr connections, everything seemed fine, started it and let it warm up, idling rough the whole time, shut it off, started again watched scanner 1500 icp with ipr at 5%. And there is no smoke any time it's doing this. Only pulling a p1211 code

·
got another 7.3
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been messing with it on and off, now it's to the poimt to where its running rough constantly, run koeo test and pulled a p0605, buzz tested it and got a p1298, replaced idm, had no change, earlier i had done cylinder contribution test which said #3 failed, swapped out that injector, and uvch with no change. I'm starting to think maybe the ecm is takimg a dump, but any advice is welcomed.

Thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts