Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving my 7.3 Idi at startup all the way to shut down the truck is very Rough. Changed the Fuel Return lines added more oil to the truck had my mechanin check fuel pressure at the filter. truck is burning 15w40 oil.Fuel is leaking from injectors 6 7 and 8 at the Fuel line connection. any ideas on how to resolve the problem?

·
IDI for life
338 Posts
Youre running it on straight 15-40? That could be a good reason why it runs rough. Second, the injector lines are loose, or the seat between the line and injector is bad, possibly cross-threaded.

·
IDI for life
338 Posts
Not being sarcastic but as far as i know theyre designed to run on diesel. When i run wmo, and get over 60% wmo my truck will start running rough. So if hes running straight oil, my guess is thats why.

I just re-read it and might have misunderstood, the engine is using oil... could be any number of things from valve guides to piston rings.

·
Registered
477 Posts
ya i think he ment that hes burning oil just his way of discribing it but i understand where the misunderstanding can come in place...but then again maby im wrong

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.