Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening y’all. About a week ago I took all 8 injectors out to reseal them, throw new vac gaskets and glow plugs as well. Since then I’ve tried to get her turned over without ether but she won’t give. Ether got her started twice but she’s runs really rough and lots of blue smoke coming out. Anyone have any idea on what direction to point me in so I know where to start? First time doing this by the way

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
Did you get all the oil that you could out of the cylinders?

You are having hard starts because you have a lot of air in the high pressure oil rails. You are going to have to go for a good long drive to bleed it all out

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I didn’t. First time doing this but now I know for future reference. With that being said I’m assuming it’ll burn the remaining oil out and how long of a drive are we talking? My truck is at my buddies place in WV and I live about 2 hours away in MD, I just don’t want to mess anything up because $ is tight right now due to me buying a house but I need the truck to pull a trailer on moving day in 2 weeks

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
With the fuel and oil draining from the rails into the cylinders when the injectors were removed, hopefully it didn't hydrolock causing damage when you went to start it (liquids don't compress like air). Any air in the system should be out after 50 miles or so (do some good hard WOT runs). Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
5,333 Posts
That is ALOT of oil and fuel to compress if you didn’t suck it all out. I’d be concerned about a bent connecting rod, but it will likey smoke for a while, and I wouldn’t be surprised if your muffler is full of oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts