Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 f350 and this problem started about a week ago. When I start the truck it idles really rough most of the time. Sometimes it will idle fine until I hit the gas then it goes right back to idling rough. The truck was sitting at work for a few days after the issue started and I was told I had to take it home so I tried driving it and the transmission is shifting really hard between all of the gears. I have tried to reset the pcm and that didnt help. I have a check engine light but no way to check what it is due to the fear of hurting the truck worse by driving it to autozone. I need the the truck because it is my only means of transportation so any info as to what the issue might be would be much appreciated.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,221 Posts
Something is wrong. Without knowing the codes that's about as specific as I can get.

I do know that the problem is the engine, not the transmission.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Check your icp plug for oil..located on drivers head in middle...ish area
and that the tin nut is on your ipr valve on the rear of the hpop and not laying in valley.
you do have more then a quarter tank of fusel as well.

My under valve cover harness was loose and cause some bucking and kicking.
fifty cent mod fixed it ...

You will need swivel sockets etc to take a peek..but there are some good you tube on that or at least one..by a ford mechanic looking guy...i will see if i find the link.

It is kinda pain to valve covers off the first time... just getting it out on the passenger side. But patience and carfull turning works.. also be carefull of brittle clips snapping etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought an obdII scanner to read the codes. In case anyone does not know these scanners will not work due to our trucks not being completely obdII compliant so dont waste the time or the money. The best way to read the check engine codes is to use a programmer that has that function built in.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
My obd2 read a few codes but missed a lot.
dont know if the torque ap reads them yet or not.

When i had a working bluetooth adapter it was an early version of toque and the code scqn would stall the truck. When the new version was not compatable with the ebay adapter i had. Oreillys scanner picked up my loose harness..missing aih and a tranny code .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts