Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for input from anybody that has run the same setup and has experience with these parts. I am going to run the Rough Country four link 8" kit on my 06 ccsb. I plan on leaving the 2" leveling spacer that I currently have on my truck on top of the new springs. My only concern, is at this lift, will I need to do anything different with my front driveshaft? How about castor adjustment, I know that superlift has some options for additional castor adjustment, but will this be necessary? Also, I was curious if the additional 2" of lift will create steering issues, as far as track bar issues? I know that the 8-10" range is where major changes need to take place, just want to know what anyone who did this encountered when building their truck. I am a little sketchy about it, because I picked up a jeep that was admittedly hacked when I got it, but with the spring spacers on top of the lift, it made the jeep almost undriveable. I drive my truck daily, and want to continue to be able to do so whether it's around town or at 75-80 on the freeway. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Why exactly are you looking to leave the spacers on? Why not just install the 8 inch kit alone? I would think some extra camber caster and toe adjustments would need to be made.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because I have 22x14 Diesels with 40X15.50's" ($150.00 investment), and I don't really want to "stretch" a 37" tire that wide.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I am looking for input from anybody that has run the same setup and has experience with these parts. I am going to run the Rough Country four link 8" kit on my 06 ccsb. I plan on leaving the 2" leveling spacer that I currently have on my truck on top of the new springs. My only concern, is at this lift, will I need to do anything different with my front driveshaft? How about castor adjustment, I know that superlift has some options for additional castor adjustment, but will this be necessary? Also, I was curious if the additional 2" of lift will create steering issues, as far as track bar issues? I know that the 8-10" range is where major changes need to take place, just want to know what anyone who did this encountered when building their truck. I am a little sketchy about it, because I picked up a jeep that was admittedly hacked when I got it, but with the spring spacers on top of the lift, it made the jeep almost undriveable. I drive my truck daily, and want to continue to be able to do so whether it's around town or at 75-80 on the freeway. Thanks for any input.

You'll be fine! Did a 2.5" spacer on top of the same kit, it was fine. No bump steer as angles ain't that far off (between drag link and track bar)!
I have a pmf suspension solid track bar for sale if ya want it message me. What u do need to do is make the lower adjustable 4 link bars longer to correct the camber. Simple turn out the lower arm bushing about 6 full turns. That should be good, I played with it from 4-8 turns and it drove best with 6. Your toe will not change with the lift, a little more toe in wouldn't hurt ya though with the bigger tires u are moving up to. Camber, well again no worries it doesn't change ether as it's a ball joint set up.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I did the same thing on my 06 with the same lift and all I needed was an adjustable trac bar. Otherwise all was good after alignment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. Had a few friend's tell me I would be fine, but it's nice to hear it from people who actually ran this particular lift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts