Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Krazy Kaz Kid
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get the rough country 8" lift kit for my 99 f350 7.3, I would really like if if anyone could post there trucks with 8" lifts (rough country especially) how does the rough country ride/durability, is it:ford: true that they run slightly bigger than most 8's??? THANK YOU:ford:

·
Krazy Kaz Kid
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm looking to get the rough country 8" lift kit for my 99 f350 7.3, I would really like if if anyone could post there trucks with 8" lifts (rough country especially) how does the rough country ride/durability, is it:ford: true that they run slightly bigger than most 8's??? THANK YOU:ford:
any body???

·
Registered
528 Posts
Not a Rough Country but here's my 99 with a Pro Comp 8-8.5" on 37's...

Hope this gives you an idea.

Dave

·
Registered
545 Posts
Rough country is probably one of the worst lift companies out there, I have heard that from several people, I only used 1 peice from rough country (drop track bar bracket) and it was the only peice I had to grind on to make fit

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
1,059 Posts
Remember no matter what you get what you pay for!!!! Go BDS.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
rough country kits are made by superlift, most of the time the kits come with superlift stickers on the springs. im running a 6" on my obs. it was a little bit stiffer than stock until i did the rsk. i rides ok now.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
I have never been impressed with rough country.I put there kit on my wifes 05 f150 and fitment was good but it won't hold an allignment now.There quality has gotten better but I could only imagine how rough the ride is.And yes I have been told by people as well on our trucks that there 8in rides about 10 inches but I would assume that they are counting on it sagging 2 inches.
buddys truck 8in pro comp and 38's

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
I would also add that a 4in will ride the best.I really miss the ride of 4in springs.They were a lot better then stock.If you want 8inches I would do 4in springs and 4in hangers.It will ride the best with that set up but will be costly.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Check out BDS if price is a concern. I had a RC lift on my f-150 and i wasn't impressed at all, but that was a few years ago and maybe they've changed idk? BDS has a lifetime warranty and the ride has been pretty good. I think i payed just shy of 1300 for my 8" kit.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Best riding pure spring kit is Icon, best riding kit will be using a Icon 4.5" hanger kit with their front 4" springs..much better than any 8" kit.

PM me if I can help with info or pricing.

Cary

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have a rough country 8" 4link kit and i have no complaints. Easy install and good quality.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Huge difference between a coil front and front leaf springs..hard to make a bad coil..easy to make bad leaf springs..

·
Krazy Kaz Kid
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Best riding pure spring kit is Icon, best riding kit will be using a Icon 4.5" hanger kit with their front 4" springs..much better than any 8" kit.

PM me if I can help with info or pricing.

Cary
would it be as high as an 8"

·
Registered
1 Posts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts