Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which way should the vanes on the front rotors face? Should they scoop the air in towards the center? Or sling the heat out as they turn?

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
The end of the slot on the outter edge of rotor should be facing away from the front of the truck at a 12 o'clock position.So i guess that would be slinging.I hope that makes since.

·
Registered
386 Posts
sorry to steal your thread here but i was tying to take my rear rotors off on my 04 with srw and i could not get them off. do you have to take the hub off to take the rear rotors off on a srw?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had the same problem first I removed my rears. I tapped on the "hat" section with a hammer as I applied leverage on the rear of the rotor. Also spray it with some penetrant.

·
Registered
119 Posts
sorry to steal your thread here but i was tying to take my rear rotors off on my 04 with srw and i could not get them off. do you have to take the hub off to take the rear rotors off on a srw?
No. I actually had to heat mine up along the edge of the shoulder and then hit it with a hammer in the same spot to get them off.

·
Registered
386 Posts
ya i hit the hat on mine with a hammer. used brake clean and penetrating oil and could not get them off. they were really suck on there. i guess ill have to try heating them up. thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts