Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had pretty good luck with running the Rotella T6 5w-40 in my 6.0. I’ve found a local shop that carries the Delo 400 XSP full synthetic oil for a good price….so I’m thinking about trying it out when I do my next oil change here pretty soon.

I did a little research, and it looks like the T6 is JC-4 rated, but the XSP from Delo is CK-4 rated? Something about using less phosphorus for lubricate because of emissions?
Should I stay away from the Delo 400 XSP 5w-40 in my 6.0? Or is it ok to run?

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've been looking at that too. Costco sells that oil for a good price.

I'm using T6 now too. However, Wal-Mart recently increased their price so I am open to switching if others think it's good oil.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
In a nutshell, Ford recommends only using oils which meet their OEM spec WSS-M2C171-F1, or any CJ-4 oil which only says CJ-4 in the little donut, not CJ-4/CK-4. So, if you see a straight CJ-4 oil, or a CK-4 oil which also says meets Ford spec WSS-M2C171-F1, it's safe to use according to Ford. HERE is their position statement.

Having said that, Ford is constantly in the process of testing oils to see if they meet their requirements, and you can go HERE to find that list of approved oils. For the record, Delo 400 XSP does not meet the Ford spec at this time. It may be just fine, but it hasn't passed the test yet. Based on this list, I would imagine you could find plenty of reasonably priced alternatives to Rotella.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts