Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been runner Rotella synthetic and need a oil change soon and was wondering if Premium blue SYN is better???

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Much better many guys on here are going 10,000 to 12,000 in between changes Im planing on taking my valvoline to 8,000 then droing it.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Switch and never look back, I'm now tossing which oneLOL

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Between the two I would go with BLue Extreme but I would pick schaeffers everytime if you can get it.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Between the two I would go with BLue Extreme but I would pick schaeffers everytime if you can get it.
How much is a gallon of it?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I buy in bulk 5 gallon buckets but IIRC retail is 18 for 7000 and 22-25 for 9000 sorry I can't recall the exact prices but you will get about 20% off and free shipping if you buy in bulk which is consdiered a order of 300 or more of any of theire products. All my fluids have been conveted over to shchaeffers over hte eyars as they proved to workthe best for me. Schaeffer's is the oldest oil company in the United States and has typically in the past catered more toward the industrial and agricultural markets. They have some of if not the best addtive package in their oils and their bas oils are of the highest quality within there grades which there is wildly huge varations in. Also most all there users have come from word of mouth as they send basically nothing on advertising when you compare it to companies like Mobil One, Rotella, Amsoil, etc.. This allows for very favorable pricing for performance. They usually throw in free oil sample kits as well as they strongly recommend UOA for finding the correct OCI and indicators of possible engine maintanance issues.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that's good to know i thought they were going to be as expensive as lame royal purple.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Have you ever noticed how it's always Royal Purple that is being used in magazine aritcles, the car turck shows on the weekends, drag events? That is not done for free it's all alot of $$$$$ that what gets those sponsorships and names plastered all over racing evets. I would be willing to bet RP has the highest % of total revenue directed to advertisment and marketing than any other oil. It shows to at $8 a quart reg retail for some Barney Lube.:doh: IMO if you are going to spend that kind of $$$ then IMO go to something like redline for a pure ester with, IIRC, some PAO used as the addtive carrier.

·
brandon
778 Posts
My local Napa doesn't carry nor will they order Valvoline Extreme blue because they have a deal with royal purple and the last guy that ordered it got his butt chewed out by corporate. Bunch of :bsflag:

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
My local Napa doesn't carry nor will they order Valvoline Extreme blue because they have a deal with royal purple and the last guy that ordered it got his butt chewed out by corporate. Bunch of :bsflag:
If they have any valvoline on the shelf for anything else that sounds like comeplete bull####.

·
brandon
778 Posts
that is what i said but the "conventional oil" is not in competition with royal purple but the synthetic is

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
That is interesting in that my local NAPA carries it along with another 2 NAPA's about 30 and 40 miles away. It is also listed in the NAPA on line catalog.

·
brandon
778 Posts
They told me that it is a group of napas in our area that cannot carry it.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
If royal purple put half the money they put into marketing and advo into there oil they would have liquid gold. Ever notice that is the oil that is in every mag article or car TV show and sponsors of most auto events. HUGE % of their sales goes to that which means not the oil.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts