Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running or have used Valvoline Premium Blue? Just curious if it is any better or worth the extra change!? 14.99/gal compared to $11.99 for rotella.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could never find it at Wally world

·
Registered
706 Posts
I like my rotella T6, seems to do a good job, have never tried out valvoline premium blue, but people swear by it....so just to recap, doing a valvoline premium blue oil change and adding Rev-X is the most expensive but best thing you could ever run in a 6.0 liter?

·
Busted Nuckles
115 Posts
I ran Premium Blue Extreme Full Synthetic 5W40 for 70,000 miles. This includes up to -10 deg F. I haven't been able to find a better oil. I get a few cold start issues (a little white smoke and some loss of power until it warms up above 10 deg F). I'm trying to find an optimal combination to run in the winter. This last change I added a quart of BG DOC (Diesel Oil Conditioner). Seems good so far, but, I need to see how it performs at -10 F. We should get a dip in the next 2-3 weeks; I'll let you know.

·
PSN Local
586 Posts
When I had my 7.3 I used to change my oil using Ramos/Chevron oil. Can I use that on my 6.0 or no?

·
Dino
66 Posts
Theres a very good post on this in the fluids section here...has me convenced to try the Blue ...good reading there....Dino

1 - 10 of 10 Posts