Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tax return time is around the corner!, getting ready splurge on some new injectors, herd alot about rosewood and swamps but just dont know what to choose?, i herd of many people with stage 2 rosewoods and they are in love with them,but is my factory turbo going to withstand that amount of fuel? need some opinions and info, thanks guys! and btw my current setup is a ts-6, 3 in. downpipe, 4" straight pipe out the rear,napa 6637 intake, and guages will be on order along with the new sticks!

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
All in how ya drive it, some guys have lasted years while others drove the truck hard and stock turbos lasted only a couple months.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
yup my D66 ( stock centersection ) only lasted a year or so .

·
Registered
88 Posts
I called Rosewood about 2 weeks ago asking about the stage 2s. He highly recommended me upgrading my turbo first. That or swapping in a aftermarket one. I have the same setup as you without the chip. I'm gathering parts for my Efuel and getting some IC pipes welded up. He recommended that I just go with stage 1s, until I get my E-fuel, I/C, and turbo in. Jim did say that the stage 2s would be fine as long as you get them tuned down.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think ill do the rosewood stage 1's because my trucks just a baby at 133k so im sure the injectors will qualify to get cleaned up andd modified, thanks for all your replies gentlemen!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know not everyone is the same but I went from stage 2s to 3s to 300/200 in a little over a year. Go bigger than you think you want. Hell stage 3s can be tuned down to make a stock charger live. Fwiw I ran the 2s on stock charger and it was a real fun truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
139 Posts
Why bother with a Stage 3 if you have to turn it down to make the stock turbo live?

Because you can drive the truck while saving money to go bigger oil, turbo, etc. then once you get all that, re-tune the chip to make more power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts