Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 weeks ago I had rolled my 02 7.3 zf6 bought a 2wd v10 roller to swap front clip and cab and went to start the truck today truck started shut it off after it started checked oil was dry then put oil in the truck now won’t start would like to make sure my engines fine before starting the swap truck acts like it wants to start but just cranks any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Check the HPOP and fill it if it is low.

Quite likely you have air in the high pressure oil system that needs to be bleed out

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Reactions: 02seventree

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
There is a plug on the top of it that you can remove with a allen wrench. Just fill it with the same oil that you put in your crank case.

It gets it oil from the low pressure oil pump when it is running but when you ran the engine out of oil it lost it's source of oil.

It also might take quite a bit of cranking so put a battery charger on the batteries. Crank a bit and wait a while so that they can recharge and repeat until it starts. It then might be hard to start for a while until all the air is out of the high pressure oil system.

Reactions: 02seventree
1 - 5 of 5 Posts