Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· utah get me two
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the towing sectionthere is a thread entitled,even heavely modded trucks can tow,and that got me to thinking about why we do certain mods,would say bigpower's truck tow good,or destroy itself,cause i have ,pmr'sand my truck is for towing,BUT if i can hot rod it too thats a big plusso the question is if there is a difference, in what mody you would do,what are they....david

· <<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
11,602 Posts
Thats the joy of a shift on the fly chip, you can go from a 550hp rodder to a 350hp puller with a flick of a switch... You just cant tow at 550hp and expect alot of parts to survive

· <- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
^^^^^^What he said. At 500hp+ towing you would be out there with a magnet salvaging the scrap steel to help pay for the rebuild.

· Registered
5,671 Posts
in the towing sectionthere is a thread entitled,even heavely modded trucks can tow,and that got me to thinking about why we do certain mods,would say bigpower's truck tow good,or destroy itself,cause i have ,pmr'sand my truck is for towing,BUT if i can hot rod it too thats a big plusso the question is if there is a difference, in what mody you would do,what are they....david

Hey thats my thread!:D IMO if a person wants a good tow truck they should limit the size of the turbo. If they want alot of hp in a good tow truck a smaller turbo with nitrous or twins would be the only way to go. A big single can be used to tow, but it takes some babysitting. You have to keep the rpms up, not be in the throttle too hard on the shifts or it will bark and of course the not so fun surge. IF i were needing a truck strictly for towing id back the injectors down to stage 2's and turbo back down to an h2e... That was a pretty damn nice tow setup for me

· Registered
1,409 Posts
So a set of stage II singles and a TN BB1.0 would make a good tow rig? This is what I think I'm going to work towards after my trans goes in. It should tow a 10-12K toy hauler just fine.

· <<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
11,602 Posts
I would go hybrids if it were me... Stage 2's are a bandaid IMHO...

· Corona Killa
1,727 Posts
The set-up I'm going to run is a TN BB with some hybrids with stock nozzles, Teminator twin HPOPs and some DP-TUNES. I will get the Terminator and injectors after I get my trans built and IMO that right there should be a great all around truck.

· Registered
1,409 Posts
The set-up I'm going to run is a TN BB with some hybrids with stock nozzles, Teminator twin HPOPs and some DP-TUNES. I will get the Terminator and injectors after I get my trans built and IMO that right there should be a great all around truck.

I want roughly the same thing except I don't want to spend the $ on big oil just yet. And I have not decides what INjectors yet. I think I want singles for the MPG and running a stock hpop. Yes DP tunes all the way....:redspotdance:

· Registered
5,671 Posts
A Bandaid for what? I'd like to go to hybrids but just wanted to be able to tow 12K when I want And I thought they might be too big.
Hybrids are nice too, but with stage 2's you can keep the hp to a safe level where you wont need headstuds. Hybrids with the right nozzles, stock hpop, tuning and turbo can get just as nasty as a set of b codes;)

· Registered
1,409 Posts
stage II's are alot less $ too. I could almost buy a turbo and stage II's for what some of the hybrids go for from what I've seen. I want a better than average running truck without spending a truck load of $ ! I don't have a problem spending alot of money on my toys it's just my PSD is not really one of them.:D

· <<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
11,602 Posts
Yes but you can detune the hybrids... I had more power and lower EGT's with the hybrids then I did with the stage 2's...

· Corona Killa
1,727 Posts
I want roughly the same thing except I don't want to spend the $ on big oil just yet. And I have not decides what INjectors yet. I think I want singles for the MPG and running a stock hpop. Yes DP tunes all the way....:redspotdance:
Well the hybrids will be singles and you don't need dual pumps to run them. I'm going to do everything in stages starting with TN BB turbo, trans, and then the hybrids or Terminator not sure which one will come first right know.

· <<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
11,602 Posts

· Registered
1,409 Posts
what brand hybrids does everyone reccomend for a towing situation? Thanks I didn't know hybrids were singles. Still learning about injectors for these things,lol

· <- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
Don't forget Dynomite Diesel for sticks. Three year warranty and a 30 day drive test. They are a little more but peace of mind is worth it to me.

Whatever choice you make, if you stick with one of the site sponsors, you can't go wrong. If you have no self control over mods or they are given to you by one of your vehicle sponsors(like me), go big and have them detuned(like me).

Keep Strokin'

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.