Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
6.0 strokin
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stroke is white and I want to paint the rocker panels black. What's the easiest way to go about it? Spray in bed liner? If so what prep work has to be done?

·
09 6.4
989 Posts
how much of it are you wanting to paint? like the look of a two tone truck where the white and black would meet about 12" up the door?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If your wanting protection, then bedliner coating would work well. Stealth automotive (psn vendor) sells the diy kit for 99 dollars, plus 55 for spray gun.

·
6.0 strokin
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much of it are you wanting to paint? like the look of a two tone truck where the white and black would meet about 12" up the door?
roughly a 12 inches yes

·
6.0 strokin
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your wanting protection, then bedliner coating would work well. Stealth automotive (psn vendor) sells the diy kit for 99 dollars, plus 55 for spray gun.
thanks i will check into it

·
Registered
671 Posts
As far as prep all it takes is a good scuffing with 80 grit and spray away. Dont need to worry about chips as the bed liner will fill them in.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Im actually considering doing my bed in the next couple of months. Thats how I know stealth sells the DIY kit. I heard its not hard, just take your time, and it will turn out fine.

·
09 6.4
989 Posts
i would just tape a line across the truck as high as you want it scuff it up with 80 grit like they are saying then spray it down. make sure you get your tape line straight or its gunna look like crap haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts