Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a bunch of what looks like rock chips (were there when i bought the truck) on the rear side of the door windows. Where it sinks in toward the window. They have started to rust a little where it is chipped also. I'm wondering what i can do to fix this? Can i just put some rust remover on it and use touch up paint? Or should i sand it down? Or am i better off just taking it to a paint shop?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
So I have a bunch of what looks like rock chips (were there when i bought the truck) on the rear side of the door windows. Where it sinks in toward the window. They have started to rust a little where it is chipped also. I'm wondering what i can do to fix this? Can i just put some rust remover on it and use touch up paint? Or should i sand it down? Or am i better off just taking it to a paint shop?
first off how good do you want the truck to look? next how many? do you have any pic?
If it was my truck I would sand them down and repaint at a paint shop! cause I hate that crap they call touch up

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i'm not too worried about looks, the truck is no show truck. I just don't like the rust spots because they stand out. A couple of them are almost the size of a dime. I'll see if i can get some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This one shows a big flake
Vehicle door Automotive exterior Bumper Window Luxury vehicle

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So what would you recommend to take care of the rust before i paint it?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet i'll give that a try.

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
sometimes if you go to a body shop they cam mix you some touch up paint that will match spot on and will be a single stage with the clear in it. some shops do it but it would be worth it. then wetsand it and buff it and they will dissapear

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah i was thinking about going around town to some of the body shops and seeing what they said. Maybe getting some quotes to paint the whole truck too:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.