Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here used a riv nut to mount a lund visor? I have gone threw so many windshields that the holes are junk I want to install Nutcerts (rivnuts) whatever to it can be alittle more serviceable.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well I ordered the rivnut kit today so I will post how it comes out

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Yes. That is how they are mounted on a BIG truck. Just make sure you seal the nutsert to the roof and also seal the bolt to the nutsert

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. That is how they are mounted on a BIG truck. Just make sure you seal the nutsert to the roof and also seal the bolt to the nutsert
thats kinda were i got the idea was big trucks. 10-4 on the sealant i'm going to never seez the hell out of the bolts to so the nutcert doesn't spin in the roof

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FAIL. that is all....

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
idk if the holes were messed up from the screws or what but I drilled the holes per the instructions installed the rivnuts and they pulled threw on 2 and ones spinning in the hole with the bolt half in... it pissed me off so much I walked out and have been driving my dump truck all week.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I had a visor on my 97, the holes pulled out due to winds, so I put bigger screws in, which also pulled out, then I got some elevator bolts and nuts. Removed the head liner and drilled clean thru, installed the flush nuts with some JB weld to keep them from spinning. It held for as long as I owned the truck from that point.

Not sure if the superdutys are set up the same with the double walled metal around that area, but it worked for the OBS.

·
Registered
486 Posts
:stupid::stupid: id take headliner out and fanangle something from the back side, with a tig welder, or JB weld and nuts to some sort, im not a big visor fan, but if there was a visor on the truck I owned, and I wasnt gonna spend the money on having holes filled, this is what I would do, just please dont go as far as leaving visor off and lug holes with something just to keep water out, crap just looks too noticable!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:sjust please dont go as far as leaving visor off and lug holes with something just to keep water out, crap just looks too noticable!
thats why i drove my other truck all week to think about it. it was not leaving the shop till it was fixed. I bought a step drill bit or "uni bit" and drilled it out to the next size, which was a 1/4-20 thread and re did it and it held so far. I think the drill bit was the problem cause it more tore the metal than drilled but the step bit leaves a nice clean hole.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
idk if the holes were messed up from the screws or what but I drilled the holes per the instructions installed the rivnuts and they pulled threw on 2 and ones spinning in the hole with the bolt half in... it pissed me off so much I walked out and have been driving my dump truck all week.
How were you installing the nutserts? Yo dont have the BIG gun to install them, do you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts