Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saved up a few dollars to install a rebuilt 7.3. Anybody ever used riviva rebuilders. MY BLOCK CRACKED AT 175.000 Not looking for a race motor ,but fordge rods and no sleeves.They sell a drop in for 7gs.Any suggestions thanks

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont really want a short block, Iwant a drop in replacement I looked at di short blocks, Not bad, Thanks for your input though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Then give Swamps a call they can get you set up with a quality rebuild with forged rods. A drop in replacement.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't buy a Reviva. They took over the 8.2L and Series 40 (DT466/530) rebuild program.

I used to work for a DD distributor as a field service tech. One engine had copper in the pan when changing over the flywheel housing to the correct application. After calling Reviva we were told it was just "break in" material.

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Or buy one for 1200 used or so and build it however you want and you would know exactly what's in it

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
Don't do it.

Search for a local block, have it rebuilt and install it yourself. I did most everything in my sig. for $9k.

Stock, you could get a block for under $1k and $3k for a stock rebuild and you save 3k.

·
Plays with Motors
611 Posts
Don't buy a Reviva. They took over the 8.2L and Series 40 (DT466/530) rebuild program.

I used to work for a DD distributor as a field service tech. One engine had copper in the pan when changing over the flywheel housing to the correct application. After calling Reviva we were told it was just "break in" material.
:eek:

Yeah, I seen some scary stuff from production rebuilders.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I am in WPB and went with Swamps. Shipped the whole truck to them and took a flight to pick it up. This way they also worked all the bugs out before I went to pick it up. I am completely satisfied.

If you look around I am sure there are good people local as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts