Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it`s almost time for me to regear again, after I get my tranny built. My truck first had a rubicon express 6.5" lift and 37" tires, I regeared from the stock 3.73 to 4.30. Then about 3 yrs ago I went to an Icon 12.5" lift and only went up to 38" tires , mainly because they would be kinder on my tranny with the 4.30 gears, than say 40-42" tires. i went this route because I wasn`t sure if I was goint to lift the truck higher just one more time. Well I have decided to leave it at this height and just run a 40" to 42" tire. So I need to regear up tp a 4.88 set of gears . So vote up for the brand you like best? Has anyone used the g2 gears? they have them on sale at 4wheelparts for 20% off right now. I want to buy good gears, quality first , price second! Thanks for any input? :bowfast:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just finished my 250's front and rear with 4.30s that are g2 been in two months and I've been beating the crap out them and there perfect just take your time installing mostly getting everything shimmed right

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I just finished my 250's front and rear with 4.30s that are g2 been in two months and I've been beating the crap out them and there perfect just take your time installing mostly getting everything shimmed right

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Beating the crap our of new gears? Bad idea. The first 500-1000 miles should be gentle use so the wear surfaces get worn in without overheating.

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Beating the crap our of new gears? Bad idea. The first 500-1000 miles should be gentle use so the wear surfaces get worn in without overheating.
Agree with this also. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts