Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to give a shout out to Clay at CNC Fabrication. I didn't think I was ever going to get my turbo to line up with my spider with the new boots on. I worked for an hour and a half then gave up for the night and emailed Clay. He promptly sent me a email the next morning telling me to trim the boots. I trimmed 1/4 inch off passenger side boot and 1/8 inch off drivers side and the spider with a little push finally set right down and lined up. Thank you Clay for a great turbo and great customer service.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Clay = riffraff
Corey = cncfab

Glad you figured out the install.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See attached photo. This is why I said clay. I talked to clay at riff raff and also cory at cnc but my email from CNC came from a clay at cnc.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The turbo before the Kc38r wal a stock turbo with 360 bearing and SPX 5 high 5 low blades built by spx in California. It worked well but was not the performance that was after. The Kc38r is the best turbo I have used. It spools up fast and my truck just loves it.also exhaust temps are slightly cooler. My injectors will be installed this coming Monday. I will let you know how things work out after they are installed. Jelibuilt is doing my tuning.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The turbo before the Kc38r wal a stock turbo with 360 bearing and SPX 5 high 5 low blades built by spx in California. It worked well but was not the performance that was after. The Kc38r is the best turbo I have used. It spools up fast and my truck just loves it.also exhaust temps are slightly cooler. My injectors will be installed this coming Monday. I will let you know how things work out after they are installed. Jelibuilt is doing my tuning.

Lol don’t lie. Your truck has no feelings - it’s you who LOVES the kcturbo

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

·
Registered
59 Posts
You will like the Jelibuilt tuning. I just switched from 1023 to that and the power difference and shifting is just in a different league.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You will like the Jelibuilt tuning. I just switched from 1023 to that and the power difference and shifting is just in a different league.
That's awesome to hear. I was going to go with 1023 to start with but decided on jelibuilt after talking to a couple of other people that had the same injectors installed in there truck and was tuned by jelibuilt. I can't wait to get my truck back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts