Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 08 king ranch has the fx4 trim on the bumpers, wheel wells and on the lower part of the doors in the gold color. Was wondering if anybody has used one of these products or somthing else to cover the color. Truck is white and would want to make the trim white as well. The other thing is if anybody knows if these products would turn yellow after some time. Thanks in advance.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Ive seen a bunch of trucks runnin Linex and it has not faded or discolored. It sure does add a whole different look to the truck up close pretty sweet i think.

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
stay away from rhino liner!!!!!!!! the truck i bought has it in it and its chiped, cracked, faded and just total junk. ill post a picture of it up tomorrow morning to check it out definitely go with line-x, and also on the white part there was a discussion in here earlier this week and alot of people said white would be hard to keep clean with road grime,tars, etc,

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
stay away from rhino liner!!!!!!!! the truck i bought has it in it and its chiped, cracked, faded and just total junk. ill post a picture of it up tomorrow morning to check it out definitely go with line-x, and also on the white part there was a discussion in here earlier this week and alot of people said white would be hard to keep clean with road grime,tars, etc,
:whs::whs: mines all to heck, i got bored one day an spray painted my bed liner black so it atleast looked right it was a PALE gray. i havent heard of line-x fading but i do know if you jab something sharp enough and hard enough into it itll cut it etc etc buts its way better then the rhino.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WHOOP there it is..LOL Thats what im talking about. Thanks for the pic...

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just had mine sprayed with Line-X last Friday.....came out AWESOME!!!!

My dad and brother both have it in their trucks, which are many years old, and the stuff still looks GREAT!.

I have heard a lot of bad about Rhino....but others will say the same for Line-X.

All I can say is that he was doing 6 trucks that day, and I see trucks all the time with the Line-X sticker on their windows....have never seen a Rhino one.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate the replies. Linex it is... Now what kind of cost should i be expecting. This would include both bumpers all four doors(lower part only0 and rockers.(wheel wells) Also has anybody taken off the plastic piece above the wheel wells?

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
Depends where you go I've been quoted differently at each one I call

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
stay away from rhino liner!!!!!!!! the truck i bought has it in it and its chiped, cracked, faded and just total junk.
:whs:
Everyone around here says rhino liner was the sh!t and now it just looks like sh!t. Mines all dull, cracked, and chipped and i hardly ever put stuff in the bed of my truck. So it's not like im doing any of the wear and tear.

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
if you want ill post some pics of the rhino liner after a year or so, got to the point i just threw a plastic liner in there to cover it up.

·
LFM SMOKE!
221 Posts
When i got my bumpers linex'd i just went to the owner of the stoor and asked about a special weekend cash deal, he went for it, was about 365 for bed and 180 for both my bumpers, tool box and grill, worth a shot right?

·
LFM SMOKE!
221 Posts
Gonna do the new front bumper maybe next saturday, ill post up some nice pics of it if i do.

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
Line X all the way. My truck will be getting Line X in the bed and on the rocker panels

1 - 18 of 18 Posts