Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for my next project. Even after my South Bend clutch it shifts like a Kenworth, how do people like their short throw shifters?

·
airman
1,064 Posts
I was just wondering the same today. I heard there was an old version and a new version, which is better? I need to replace my clutch so this would be a great time for me to install a short shift if I can come up with the funds!

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
:stupid::popcorn:jk

·
Just another OBS addict
1,006 Posts
Talk to BigStroker, he's done it in his truck :poke:

·
Diesel Nut
510 Posts
The new version is better. I've got the old version and I like it. The only problem with it is it's a little "clunky" to shift. It's not a smooth shift. The newer versions are a lot smoother.

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
When did the "new" version come out? i got mine last year and it seems kinda clunky to shift, but i like it. throws are about 40% shorter i think and i only lose about 4-5 lbs of boost between shifts now. :evil i got mine from Riff Raff Diesel for a good price. very happy with it. i think you can also get them straight from Dan at Midwest transmission too. :D

ON EDIT: i wouldn't put the shift kit in with the trans out of the truck. if you do you might end up pulling it all right back out to get the trans in the truck. the shifter gets lifted up about an inch higher so it will probably hit the floor pan when trying to install the trans. i had to cut 2 little pieces out of the floor pan to get to the back 2 bolts on the top cover. i will see if i took pics.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Its an excellent investment. I love mine!!! We have sold alot of these things.

If anyone would like to order one just let me know I will email or PM you all the details.

·
Diesel Nut
510 Posts
I don't know when they revised it. I've had mine for about 3 1/2 years. I got it from Dan at Midwest Transmission. I put mine in while it was in the truck. It's a pretty easy installation. Only took about half an hour. I agree, it made a huge difference. It cut the throw almost in half.

·
Team Shade-Tree Mechanic
635 Posts
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well worth the $$ in my opionion :D

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Great Mod........worth doing. As I built my own kit how have you guys accounted for the 4th to reverse lockout mechanism? I just pulled mine out and have never worried about it.....on mine I adjusted the detent spring seating depth and that took out the clunkiness iirc....

jrc

·
learnin the hard way
61 Posts
i got mine from riff raff and no complaints very easy to install only took like 10mins but i had the tranny out of the truck

·
Registered
116 Posts
how much $$ are we talking about?

·
MacAssassin
46 Posts
Pm me please with price for the short shift kit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Can I also get a PM on the price, thanks.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Currently, there are NO kits available for purchase. Midwest quit making them.

But I happen to know there are several from another source currently being tested in trucks.

:D

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Currently, there are NO kits available for purchase. Midwest quit making them.

But I happen to know there are several from another source currently being tested in trucks.

:D
Me to:evil

1 - 20 of 50 Posts